Director of Technology
Director of Technology
Are you ready to be a hands-on & strategic leader in the IT future of a growing company? Do you have a passion for coding and developing an idea into reality? All this, while you're making a social impact and changing lives?
If any of this sounds good to you, then I want to talk to you!
Financial Finesse is looking to support our continued business growth and enhance our existing talented and innovative-minded team by bringing on a new Director of Technology. In this newly created position, you will utilize your hands-on infrastructure and production experience, work with the executive team to develop, communicate, and execute on company and client strategies, lead the technology team, provide hands-on programming and mentorship, and efficiently maintain technology infrastructure of the business.
What You'll Do
- Leadership & Collaboration - You will work with our CTO to be the leader, guide, and glue for our technology team, which currently includes a Systems Administrator, Front End Developer, Help Desk, and a Senior Programmer/Developer.
- Programming & Mentorship - You will add hands-on expertise to architect technology solutions for the projects and problems that may arise while providing mentorship and growth the rest of the IT team. You'll drive and lead software design, development standards, and code reviews.
- Strategic Thinker - You will manage the technological functions of the business and client strategies- consulting, creating project plans, managing implementation, acting as a liaison to communicate across teams, and being the driving force of execution and support. Success as a Director of Software Development requires strategy, careful planning, and prioritization, thinking multiple steps ahead, the ability to readily adapt and pivot, and the motivation to actively progress towards goals. You should have the courage to try anything worth trying, but also know when to pull back and when to gently push.
- Infrastructure Management - To ensure our company and clients will never miss a beat when using our technologies, you will have hands-on management of the infrastructure, databases, applications, and servers to ensure reliability and security across systems, along with developing and managing the technical standards of practice.
- Versatile/ Multi-Talented Contributor - Beyond core responsibilities, we also seek to leverage the strengths and interests of our employees in line with the needs of the business. Bring your intellectual curiosity and roll up your sleeves, as Financial Finesse is a flat organization with a relatively small team of driven and intelligent people often working cross-functionally to make strategic contributions to a business they believe in.
Your Skills & Experience
While responsibilities in this position span multiple functions, we are (of course!) not expecting a depth of expertise in all the areas indicated. We look for the person in this role to have a drive for operational excellence, contribute in the areas they are skilled in while seeing and owning the connectivity across functions.
- 8-10+ years of experience in IT & Development roles demonstrating technical and professional leadership, B2B experience required.
- 3 - 5 years leading and managing Technology/IT teams and the technology direction of a company.
- Prior experience working in a small and growing company , with a preference for a boutique or start-up type of environment.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate and act as a liaison between business and IT
Our Tech Stack
- React (required/strongly preferred)
- Continuous Integration
- Single Sign-On/SAML (preferred)
- XML/XSL (preferred)
- Business continuity planning (preferred)
- General understanding of PHP (preferred)
- Version controls such as GIT (preferred)
Who You Are
- Mission Focused - while industry background is not required, having an appreciation for the value of financial wellness education is a necessity
- Intrinsically Motivated - find meaning in the journey and in what you learn and build throughout it, including the bumps along the way.
- Adaptable - you thrive on ambiguity and opportunities to be innovative and make a meaningful contribution to something you believe in.
- Creative Problem Solver - through creative problem solving and effective simplicity, you constantly look to create meaningful results.
- Humble - you know that while intelligence speaks, wisdom listens, and you have the humility to learn.
- Solutions & Goal- Oriented - you will never compromise the long term for the short term and will innately understand it is possible to both do well and do good when you design the right solutions for the right clients in the right way.
What's in It for You
The Director of Technology position is based in our headquarter office in El Segundo, CA. The total compensation includes a $100,000 base salary with quarterly and annual bonuses resulting in a total comp up to $150,000 with additional financial opportunities that exist through cash-based profit sharing and equity plans. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package and 401k matching and generous PTO.
If you're like us, please bring your dog to the office, enjoy our snack-filled kitchen, wear flip-flops to work, and flexible hours. The career is what you make of it, and long-term career opportunities exist as we continue to grow and build out our IT department.
Who We Are
Financial Finesse is a boutique, entrepreneurial firm located in El Segundo, CA. Since its founding in 1999, we have been the pioneering leader in the workplace financial wellness industry, which has recently reached an inflection point of growth. As an employee-owned company that operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philanthropic heart, we love what we do and the people we work with. We leverage the strengths of our people and proprietary technologies to work with large organizations such as Nestle, Aetna, Viacom, and the NFLPA to custom design and deliver full-scale, proprietary financial coaching technologies and services provided a free benefit for their employees. We've been around for 18 years, and we're honored to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as a 'Best Place to Work', by Entreprenuer.com as a 'Top Company Culture', and Best in Biz as 'Most Innovative Small Company of the Year'.
Take a Peek Inside!
The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/financialfinesse
Our CEO: https://www.lizdavidson.com/
Please note: This role is only open to direct, W2 candidates that can work onsite in El Segundo, CA.
Meet Some of Financial Finesse's Employees
Resident Financial Planner
Kelley provides answers to financial questions for ordinary people through virtual consultations. She also puts together complete financial plans and blogs about finance for the company.
Back to top