Business Development Director
- El Segundo, CA
Financial Finesse is looking for a Business Development Director to lead our team of business development and client success managers. The ideal candidate has innate problem-solving and strategic thinking skills that will enable them to work with HR executives at Fortune 1000 companies, to design, sell, and manage large-scale, customized workplace financial wellness programs. The candidate has demonstrated experience building and managing teams, mentoring and developing individuals to drive the most effective results possible.
Problems You'll Help Us Solve
We are B2B2C. For organizations, our customized programs integrate employer-sponsored benefits and retirement plans, enhance utilization, reduce related expenses and risks, and improve employee engagement and productivity. Individual employees have access to our award-winning Financial Wellness programs. Not only is free access to an unbiased CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ professional a unique service, but we have proven behavior-change results that have a positive impact on people's lives.
The right individual for the team will be excited about taking a leadership role in growing the company, enthusiastic about developing their team, passionate about expanding the impact of financial wellness education, and will take this on as a mission, not just a job, during a time of great opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Team management - Manage, develop, and grow team of business development, client success managers, and other client-facing employees.
- Overseeing pipeline - Work closely with team to ensure targets are met.
- Overseeing client programs - Work closely with team to implement and maintain our award-winning financial wellness programs. Participate in regular strategic meetings with clients and other partners.
- Project management - Oversee key initiatives relevant to area of responsibility, including both client implementations and internal projects.
- Relationship management - This is a player coach role, and this individual may lead relationships for key partnerships.
- Developing infrastructure - As we continue to grow, operationalize and improve existing internal processes and systems.
Your Skills & Experience
- Leadership - You have 5+ years experience in managing people, and a passion for developing and mentoring individuals. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working with the team to build creative solutions.
- HR and Benefits - You have 7+ years' experience either as an HR and Benefits professional and buying services aimed to changing employees' lives OR you have significant experience in selling services to HR and Benefits professionals/B2B.
- Problem Solver - Your team will develop solutions to meet prospects' and clients' strategic objectives while adapting to corporate cultures and procurement policies.
- B2B Relationship Manager - You understand HR executive and the complexities of large corporations (and ideally recordkeepers) and know where to find them and how to speak to them in a language they understand. You understand how to build relationships with different people in different levels of large organizations and adapt to different personalities and cultures. You assess where companies are in the decision-making process and figure out what needs to be done to ultimately close the deal.
- Consultative Salesperson - While the ability to build relationships and ultimately sell custom solutions is critical, we most definitely do not take a traditional sales approach. This position is about assessing needs, solving problems, and knowing the right steps to take along what can often be a highly complex process involving multiple stakeholders.
- Versatile / Multi-Talented Contributor - Beyond core responsibilities, we also seek to leverage the strengths and interests of our employees in line with the needs of the business. Bring your intellectual curiosity and roll up your sleeves, as Financial Finesse is a flat organization with a relatively small team of driven and intelligent people often working cross-functionally to make strategic contributions to a business they believe in.
- Travel to prospect and client meetings - This role may require travel up to 10-20% of the time.
- Advanced degrees (such as an MBA) and other professional certifications are a plus.
Who You Are
- Mission Focused - While industry background is not required (but preferred), having an appreciation for the value of financial wellness education is a necessity.
- Intrinsically Motivated - You don't wait for your orders. You know what you need to do and you do it,
- Adaptable - You thrive in ambiguity and opportunities to be innovative and make a meaningful contribution to something you believe in.
- Creative Problem Solver - Through creative problem solving and effective simplicity, you constantly look to create meaningful results.
- Humble - Y ou know that while intelligence speaks, wisdom listens, and you have the humility to learn.
- Solutions & Goal- Oriented - Y ou will never compromise the long term for the short term and will innately understand it is possible to both do well and do good when you design the right solutions for the right clients in the right way.
- Persistent - You are not scared to hear no and keep trying.
- Organized - You never forget a relationship, or a contact and you make a list and check it off.
- Team Player - Nothing good at Financial Finesse will happen by yourself. You have a wealth of resources at your fingertips if you know how to motivate a team of smart, creative people.
- You have tremendous integrity.
What's In It For You
The Business Development Director position is based in our headquarter office in El Segundo, CA.. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package and 401k matching, including a base salary of $120,000/annually, and quarterly and annual bonuses of up to 20% and 25%, respectively.
If you're like us, please bring your dog to the office, enjoy a snack from our kitchen, wear flip-flops to work, and work flexible hours. The career is what you make of it, and long-term career opportunities exist as we continue to grow and build out our company.
Back to top