Staff Software Engineer, Front End - Contractor
At Financial Engines, we truly believe in reinventing the system and giving all people the power to grow! With nearly 10 Million customers, Financial Engines is the leading provider for retirement advice.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Financial Engines experience to millions of people - anytime and anywhere. You will play a crucial role in designing and developing elegant and responsive single page applications, system architecture and product discussions from start to finish in an agile environment.
We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience in building and delivering critical, customer-facing functionality using REST architecture and modern UI toolkits, including Angular.io, Twitter Bootstrap and more. If you are interested in using the most disruptive technology, with a mission of bringing financial wellness and help to every American, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build & customize the Financial Engines experience for the web platform.
- Architect & develop UI infrastructure using modern techniques and setting technical direction for the team to build highly performant reusable components.
- Analyze and optimize UI & back-end application code for interfacing with Financial Engines platform.
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, tools & technology adoption
- 8+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 5+ years building mobile-first web applications with Single Page Application framework using HTML5, CSS3 & Angular.
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience with Rest Web Services and JSON
- Expertise in test driven development using frameworks like Jasmine & Protractor.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communications skills
- Experience in GraphQL & AWS is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred
About Financial Engines
With roots in Silicon Valley, Financial Engines is the nation’s largest independent investment advisor. We believe that all Americans -- not just the wealthy -- should have access to high-quality, unbiased financial help and our client’s best interests should always come first. Today, more than 700 of the nation’s most respected employers trust Financial Engines to offer professional financial help to more than nine million employees nationwide.
For more information, visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
Back to top