Staff Data Engineer
Edelman Financial Engines is seeking a Staff Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team under the Investment Management organization. We are looking for a talented, passionate and results-oriented data engineer with experience working with unstructured data including data modeling and developing data pipelines using Apache Spark/PySpark. This individual will contribute to our journey of transforming batch to near-real-time use cases.
- Continue to help scale our data analytics platform to meet the company’s vision for growth
- Follow AWS best practices and industry standards
- Contribute to the development of event processing pipelines for near real-time analytics use cases.
- Provide critical support to our Distribution and Marketing Teams in Salesforce CRM
- Flawless communication within internal teams and across the organization
- 8+ years of total experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years’ experience working as a developer in Data Engineering with data pipelines and data processing.
- Practical hands-on experience with technologies like Apache Spark, PySpark and other stream processing frameworks
- Experience working with data formats such as Apache AVRO, Apache Parquet, and common methods in data transformation
- Experience with AWS Big Data technology stack and AWS Certification is a strong plus
- Self-driven, and ability to work with a geographically distributed a dynamic team
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork, coordination, planning and influencing skills
- Experience working with Google Analytics, and working in a microservices environment is a plus
Back to top