Sr. Project Manager
Do you have passion and desire to help people accomplish their financial dreams? At Edelman Financial Engines we put our clients’ needs first. The Edelman Financial Engines difference is an objective, conflict-free model centered around our valuable clients. Our services are designed to work for the masses, not just the ultra-high net worth client, allowing us to help all Americans retire well.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will work on a team of project and program managers to drive the launch of new initiatives and connect various departments to help drive the company to achieve its goals. This high visibility and high impact role will collaborate across the Edelman Financial Engines Organization to ensure the Marketing Organization is aligned and equipped to provide our customers a best in class experience.
The Senior Project Manager will support the Sr. Vice President of Marketing and the Marketing Organization and will partner closely with all other teams across the organization to effectively execute Edelman Financial Engine’s corporate vision.
- Perform project management functions, including project scope, engagement with cross functional teams, and execution of successful, deadline driven projects
- Proactive identification of each project’s impact, risk, and dependencies
- Ensure stakeholder objectives are aligned
- Create visibility and confidence in project status and timelines including status reporting
- Accountable for communicating all current project details to Leadership
- Act as liaison between the Field and other departments
- Perform other related assignments as requested by management
- Opportunities to support other key stakeholders and teams within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent in work experience
- 5-10+ years’ relevant work experience
- Passionate about working with financial advisors and their support system
- Prefer experience of working in a retail financial services firm
- Prefer experience or familiarity with financial planning tools and/or custodians
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High detail orientation with the ability to see the big picture
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with cross-functional and remote teams, at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills; able to prioritize and manage many simultaneous tasks and priorities
- Ability to influence people and resources to ensure timely completion of tasks that meet quality standards
- Willingness to adhere to established processes while keeping an eye for opportunities to improve or develop processes, structures, and systems
- Quick learner who can understand how work is performed within a variety of departments or functional groups
- Can relate well to executives, technologists and business users
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top