Sr. Manager, Accounting
At Financial Engines (FNGN), we help millions of people get personalized retirement advice that makes a difference in their lives. And while we’re proud of what we’ve done, we need you to help take us further. We are seeking to fill a full-time position of Sr. Manager, Accounting. In this role, you will join a team that is responsible for completion of the monthly close process, setting internal accounting policies, and driving process changes to help us scale for the future. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific areas of the balance sheet and you will be expected to problem solve, collaborate with our team, move fast while keeping attention to detail, and possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed – and all this sounds exciting and interesting to you!
What you will do:
- Manage accounting staff and provide clear guidance to facilitate end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting process from record compilation, reconciliation, month end close, result analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Review balance sheet accounts reconciliations of varying level of complexity and materiality.
- As SOX process owner, ensure the compliance of various balance sheet accounts with approved accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Interpret complex GAAP topics and discuss with external auditor on technical accounting policies.
- Identify potential accounting process issues and advocate the continuous process improvement projects, recommend improvement solutions and drive the implementation.
- Have High integrity and ethical work performance with strong sense of urgency and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Understand staff’s concerns, encourage and assist in their professional development.
What you will need:
- Passion about Accounting and takes great pride in creating quality, accurate results.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience in a corporate or audit environment, with minimal 4 years in a managerial role in a public company.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including high proficiency in Excel.
- Broad GAAP knowledge, ability to identify potential accounting process issues and correctly interpret accounting literature and write accounting memos.
- Self-starter and team leader with an ability to work well individually and in a team setting within a fast-paced, deadline-driven public company environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees, management and external customers.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to utilize leadership skills to make positive impact on team morale.
- Public company experience.
- Big 4 background.
- Advanced NetSuite and/or other Accounting ERP systems experience.
- CPA license.
About Financial Engines:
We are America’s largest independent investment advisor with more than $100 Billion in assets under management. We help individuals make the most of their retirement assets by providing professional investment management and advice. We were founded in 1996 by financial services visionaries to offer investment advice to average people nationwide. Our investment methodology, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention allow us to help more Americans get on the path to a secure retirement.
Financial Engines is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top