Sr. Director, National Sales Manager
Edelman Financial Engines, the leader in providing investment advisory services to the defined contribution marketplace, is seeking candidates for a Sr. Director– National Sales & Consultant Relations Manager, reporting to the SVP – Institutional Sales & Services. The Sr. Director – National Sales & Consultant Relations Manager leads a team of professionals who are responsible for selling Financial Engines’ advisory services to 401(k) plan sponsors, as well influencing industry leading Consultants. As an executive with the company, this individual will deliver presentations to senior management and influence product development, organizational strategy and key stakeholders within the organization.
- Oversee, drive and report on the success of the institutional sales process.
- Develop and execute pipeline management and sales strategy.
- Achieve performance goals for Sales organization.
- Negotiate and close effective solutions to prospective Plan Sponsors.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to develop and refine the company’s market strategy, including Product/Customer Experience, Marketing and Investment Management.
- Assist with the launch of new products, features, results, research and other special projects.
- Collaborate with key functional groups within the company to develop and implement a compelling Consultant and Advisor strategy that raises awareness of Financial Engines’ value proposition, expands pipeline, and drives sales/retention efforts.
- Effectively leverage contact management and sales automation tools to maximize sales performance.
- Represent Financial Engines at industry events.
- Provide input from the field to drive business and product strategy.
- 15 years of financial services experience, preferably within the defined contribution marketplace.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in leading the sales process and influencing Consultants/Advisors
- Demonstrated presentation, negotiation, project and time management skills.
- Experience in directing and managing sales employees, including goal development, communication and monitoring.
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- History of developing and delivering senior-level presentations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in investment products and services.
- Positive and dynamic team player.
- Advanced degree or relevant certifications a plus.
- Annual travel: 30-40%
- Located in Boston, MA
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top