SOX Program Manager
SOX Program Manager
Internal Audit | Sunnyvale, CA
Looking for a company with a lofty mission? At Financial Engines (FE), we have one. As the nation’s largest defined contribution managed account provider, we help millions of people by providing independent, personalized retirement advice and guidance. If you are interested in joining a purpose driven community committed to helping each person retire well, join us!
At FE, our Internal Audit department is seeking a motivated and resilient team player to fill the SOX Program Manager position. In this role, you will serve as the primary Sarbanes-Oxley 404 liaison between Internal Audit, Finance, IT, Human Resources, and the company’s independent auditors. You will lead, plan and execute SOX 404 project from start to finish, ensuring successful completion of the project with high quality, on time and within budget. You will be expected to problem solve, collaborate, and move fast while keeping attention to detail. And yes, you will have to roll up your sleeves!
What you will do:
- Manage the entire SOX project lifecycle (including risk analysis, materiality, project scoping, RCM, process documentation and testing, supervision and review of staff work performed, and management reporting)
- Serve as the single point of contact with external auditors, process owners, and IA co-sourced providers
- Coordinate and ensure SOX 404 objectives, deliverables and timelines are met
- Participate in walkthroughs, and maintain and assist with internal control process documentation
- Coordinate and track internal/external control testing progress, control gaps and remediation efforts
- Provide subject matter expertise on control design and implementation, and guidance for remediation efforts
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes, and other areas of change that have a direct impact the Company's financial statements and related disclosures
- Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the framework for evaluating control exceptions
- Maintain the SOX repository of documentation, testing evidence and internal policies
- Provide summary status reporting/presentation to business units and management
- Plan and execute SOX company-wide communications and develop training sessions, as deemed appropriate
- Maintain working knowledge of laws and industry guidance for establishing, maintaining and reporting on internal controls (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, GAAP Accounting, etc.)
- Work on special assignments as needed
- Champion risks and controls considerations, and corporate governance concepts
- Foster strong relationships with business, technology partners and external auditors; be a trusted advisor
- Minimal domestic travel
What you will need:
- 3+ years progressive Public Accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years end to end SOX project management experience for large accelerated filers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Expert understanding of SOX, COSO and PCAOB requirements is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations across all levels of the organization)
- Strong financial process acumen and IT skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, initiative and integrity
- Strong project management skills, ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple assignments within allocated budget and timeframes
- Ability to work independently
Even better if you have:
- Big 4 experience, CPA preferred
- Financial Services/Tech industry experience
- NetSuite and/or other Accounting ERP systems experience
About Financial Engines:
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top