Financial Engines’ mission is to bring financial wellness and financial help to every American. With nearly 10 million customers, Financial Engines is the leading provider for retirement advice, building personalized financial plans powered by our software.
As a Software Engineer on the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will play a pivotal role in the reliability and availability of our applications that delivers mission-critical decisions on the investment advice for millions of Americans. You will join a fast-paced team that works, to quickly assess and analyze within the specified service level agreements on any application based incidents. The ideal candidate will be passionate about his role, which involves in deep knowledge of both the application and the product.
- Diagnose intricate software problems, provide solutions and workarounds to ensure the highest level of reliability and availability for critical applications.
- Provide consultation and strategic recommendations to Product Development teams by quickly assessing and remediating complex issues.
- Identify soft spots in products and ways to enhance overall product quality.
- Have an “Automation First” mindset in order that repetitive tasks are not manually handled.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field with 3+ years of professional experience OR MS in Computer Science or a related field with 1+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Java and related ecosystem (Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat).
- Demonstrated experience with application software integration techniques (REST API, SOAP/XML).
- Ability to write and build code + interpret and understand others’ code.
- Experience with creating and analyzing debug logs. Splunk experience a plus.
- Experience with on-call responsibilities for production support.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top