Senior Systems Engineer
Financial Engines is currently seeking an experienced, high energy and passionate Senior Systems Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering team. This team serves as a foundation for all systems design, implementation and maintenance of Financial Engines enterprise systems. The Systems Engineer will be a senior contributor to infrastructure projects with a particular focus on IaaS platforms. Successful candidates will be well organized, excel both independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Linux systems including hardware, software and common web technologies such as Java/Tomcat, Python etc.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining hosted cloud systems including Cisco UCS, VMware and associated storage and networking subsystems.
- Design, develop, and implement AWS infrastructure systems and tools that improve the availability, reliability and security of Financial Engines enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- Experience with configuration management automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as scripting, Terraform, cloudformation.
- Relentless pursuit of outstanding customer experience by taking ownership of issues and providing quality solutions quickly.
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Jenkins, Jira, PagerDuty, HipChat.
- AWS SysOps or DevOps level understanding or experience building and securing Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC, KMS, etc).
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- BS in Engineering related field or 4+ years working on an infrastructure team or consulting.
- Experience with networking, firewall and advanced security a plus.
- Comfortable in an environment with flexible work schedules, 24/7 availability, and on-call rotation.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top