Senior Mobile Test Engineer, iOS - Contractor
At Financial Engines, we truly believe in reinventing the system and giving all people the power to grow! With nearly 10 Million customers, Financial Engines is the leading provider for retirement advice.
As a Sr. Mobile Test Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Financial Engines experience to thousands of people - anytime and anywhere. You will play a crucial role in designing and developing our test strategy for the iOS app & in laying down the groundwork, infrastructure and product discussions from start to finish in an agile environment.
We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing test suites to test elegant applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you are interested to be a part of the most disruptive technology with a mission to bring financial wellness and financial help to every American, we look forward to hear from you!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to help customize the Financial Engines experience for the iOS platform.
- Ensure adequate test infrastructure (both manual & automated) for testing native iOS user interfaces to achieve code coverage.
- Collaborate across teams to understand & document product behavior, troubleshoot and triage software and system issues.
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving software quality including tests documentation (Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Reports)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of overall software development / testing experience.
- 3+ years of experience with User Interface Testing techniques in iOS for complex applications for iPhone or iPad.
- Ability to create, maintain & own testing strategies for mobile apps.
- Fluent in Swift for writing automated tests within the iOS app.
- Good understanding of Apple UI guidelines for iOS apps
- Experience with Rest Web Services and JSON
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communications skills
About Financial Engines
With roots in Silicon Valley, Financial Engines is the nation’s largest independent investment advisor. We believe that all Americans -- not just the wealthy -- should have access to high-quality, unbiased financial help and our client’s best interests should always come first. Today, more than 700 of the nation’s most respected employers trust Financial Engines to offer professional financial help to more than nine million employees nationwide.
For more information, visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top