Senior Institutional Marketing Manager
The Institutional & Product Marketing Team at Financial Engines plays a unique but critical role in supporting the organization’s mission to help all Americans retire soundly. The team is responsible for articulating the value of the company and its services to the institutional marketplace. We foster loyalty among existing clients and support the development of new institutional relationships & partnerships. On our team, plan sponsors, recordkeepers, and consultants & advisors are always top of mind.
We're seeking a driven, creative, and collaborative professional to join our tightknit team.
In this specific role, the Senior Institutional Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for marketing efforts that build loyalty and support retention among current plan sponsor clients. Here's what a day in the life of a Senior Institutional Marketing Manager may look like:
- Assess the marketplace and competitors' capabilities to establish critical messaging that highlights Financial Engines' differentiators to plan sponsor clients
- Create proactive marketing communications based on client feedback, Financial Engines' thought leadership, and significant industry news
- Work with relationship managers to strategize and develop custom presentations for retention and cross-sell opportunities
- Collaborate with clients and Financial Engines' senior leaders to build presentations for industry conferences
- Promote and coordinate events and/or webinars for Financial Engines' entire client base with the release of significant product improvements or company news
- Provide strategic direction for the company's annual client satisfaction survey
What skills do you need?
- You crave working in a creative culture, and you're an effective writer and storyteller
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience, preferably on the institutional side
- You are required to have a background in financial services (expertise in advisory services or retirement is ideal)
Highly consultative & you keep your eye on the client with effective problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail while meeting multiple, contending deadlines
- Ability to remain in tune with the needs of employers, the challenges they face, and HR benefits trends
- A real passion for the company’s mission and culture to help others
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Salesforce; knowledge of Adobe InDesign, HubSpot, and Pardot is a plus
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top