Senior HR Business Partner
Reporting to the EVP Human Resources, we are seeking a Sr. HR Business Partner for our Boston office who will provide HR partner support to the Client Experience Delivery and key leadership functions located in Boston. This position will support the organization to achieve its culture, operational and growth goals.
- This position is the Senior HR business partner for our field retail advisor team and will be a strong contributor and leader on the management team and a key member of HR team.
- Responsibilities include managing all aspects of talent management, some of which are workforce planning, performance management, on-boarding, succession planning, critical skills gap analysis, training and performance support.
- Work closely with the leadership team, both within the business and within the greater HR organization, to drive effective change and develop a customer centric, engaged workforce.
- Act as a highly trusted coach and advisor to management and line employees; build leadership capability
- Be approachable and a trusted advisor at all levels.
- Diagnose individual, team, and organizational issues that are negatively impacting culture and performance and recommend and facilitate delivery of the appropriate Organization Development intervention (i.e., group facilitation, conflict management, flexible work and staffing recommendations, coaching, mentoring, team building, organization re-structure and re-design, etc.) to increase performance.
- Partner with management, finance, and legal to review incentive plans and recommend plan changes that will enable the organization to reach its growth goals.
- 7-10 years progressive HR experience, 5 of which were as an HR business partner;
- Demonstrated ability to identify organizational issues and then design, develop, and facilitate a diverse range of Organization Development interventions (i.e., coaching, mentoring, team building, group facilitation, conflict management, organization structure and design, etc.) to improve performance;
- Demonstrated ability to assess change management needs and support the design of change management plans that support organizational change;
- Experience with compensation and incentives related to a client-facing organization (sales, services, support, etc.).
- Strong communication and facilitation skills; collaborates to achieve results in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, OD, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Prior managerial experience
- Prior HR experience supporting a field, sales or marketing structure
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top