Senior Director, Consultant Relations
Financial Engines is seeking a Senior Director of Consultant Relations. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, refining, directing and helping to execute on the firm’s consultant relations strategy, with particular focus on top tier defined contribution HR and investment consulting firms.
This role is critical to increasing awareness of Financial Engines’ suite of participant help services and the specific results those services drive, influencing the consultant community on the value of advisory services as a key component of plan design, differentiating Financial Engines from its competitors, helping to grow the business by increasing the inclusion of Financial Engines in consultant searches, and assisting with the retention of existing clients.
The position requires a unique blend of strategy and execution as well as relationship building across both HR and investment consulting. It also requires collaboration with key functional groups across Financial Engines. The role resides within the Institutional Sales group, and is responsible for the direction of other consultant relations and field sales resources to expand and ensure effective coverage.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to develop and refine the firm’s market strategy, including Product/Customer Experience, Marketing, Investment Management, Institutional Services and Institutional Sales
- Execute on the strategy by both meeting regularly with and directing other field resources to develop and deepen relationships with key DC consultants
- Assist with the launch of new products, features, results, research and other special projects
- Work closely with the Institutional Services leadership and relationship management team to manage and ensure the retention of existing clients
- Provide periodic updates internally, both formally and informally with the firm’s executive and leadership teams, as well as other key stakeholders
- Seek periodic feedback from the consulting community on Financial Engines, its products/services and competitive standing both through formal surveys as well as informal input
- Participate in consultant, vendor and industry conferences.
- The successful candidate will have at least ten years of relevant industry experience, as well as several years of experience in the institutional consulting marketplace, including having existing relationships with top tier consultants. Qualified candidates will also have/be:
- Executive presence and strong C-suite level presentation skills, effective written & verbal communications
- Skilled at establishing priorities and maintaining focus to achieve results
- Strong people management skills and track record of coordinating internal people resources
- Team player mindset; comfortable operating in a lean and fast-paced environment with aggressive growth aspirations; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Significant travel is required.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top