Senior Director, Consultant Relations
Financial Engines is seeking a Senior Director of Consultant Relations. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, refining, directing and helping to execute on the firm’s consultant relations strategy, with particular focus on top tier defined contribution HR and investment consulting firms.
This role is critical to increasing awareness of Financial Engines’ suite of participant help services and the specific results those services drive, influencing the consultant community on the value of advisory services as a key component of plan design, differentiating Financial Engines from its competitors, helping to grow the business by increasing the inclusion of Financial Engines in consultant searches, and assisting with the retention of existing clients.
The position requires a unique blend of strategy and execution as well as relationship building across both HR and investment consulting. It also requires collaboration with key functional groups across Financial Engines. The role is responsible for the direction of other consultant relations and field sales resources to expand and ensure effective coverage.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to develop and refine the firm’s market strategy, including Product/Customer Experience, Marketing, Investment Management, Institutional Services and Institutional Sales
- Execute on the strategy by both meeting regularly with and directing other field resources to develop and deepen relationships with key defined contribution consultants
- Assist with the launch of new products, features, results, research and other special projects
- Work closely with the Institutional Services leadership and relationship management team to manage and ensure the retention of existing clients
- Provide periodic updates internally, both formally and informally with the firm’s executive and leadership teams, as well as other key stakeholders
- Seek periodic feedback from the consulting community on Financial Engines, its products/services and competitive standing both through formal surveys as well as informal input
- Participate in consultant, vendor and industry conferences.
- The successful candidate will have at least ten years of relevant industry experience, as well as several years of experience in the institutional consulting marketplace, including having existing relationships with top tier consultants. Qualified candidates will also have/be:
- Executive presence and strong C-suite level presentation skills, effective written & verbal communications
- Skilled at establishing priorities and maintaining focus to achieve results
- Strong people management skills and track record of coordinating internal people resources
- Team player mindset; comfortable operating in a lean and fast-paced environment with aggressive growth aspirations; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Annual travel: approximately 30-40%
About Financial Engines
With roots in Silicon Valley, Financial Engines is the nation’s largest independent investment advisor. We believe that all Americans -- not just the wealthy -- should have access to high-quality, unbiased financial help and our client’s best interests should always come first. Today, more than 700 of the nation’s most respected employers trust Financial Engines to offer professional financial help to more than nine million employees nationwide.
For more information, visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
Digital Marketing Manager
David oversees all facets of Financial Engines’ digital marketing plan, creating search engine optimization efforts, pay-per-click campaigns, display ads, and social media promotions.
Back to top