Senior Administrative Assistant
Financial Engines is looking for a talented administrative professional to join its Distribution & Marketing team in the Phoenix office. You would be a great fit if you’re an organized self-starter, that is able to manage multiple tasks and functions on a continuous basis, in a fast-paced environment. The position will report to the VP, Investor Services.
The Senior Administrative Assistant role provides administrative support to the Phoenix leadership team, in addition to direct administrative support of the VP, Investor Services. Partnering with other administrative staff, facilities and IT to support the successful operation of the Phoenix office is also a critical part of this role. We will expect you to effectively learn our business and assist the leadership team to operate in the most efficient, effective way possible. This includes some project management support and the ability to successfully plan and lead office and company level events.
- Independently provides high-quality support that anticipates needs
- Strong business acumen, along with a desire to learn about the business
- Strong attention to detail
- Handles confidential information with discretion
- Very goal and deadline driven
Team coordination and administration:
- Prioritize strategic and tactical initiatives
- Manage Outlook calendar, email and voicemails
- Manage travel and submit expense reports
- Provide backup reception coverage as needed
- Coordinate multiple cross-team, departmental, and 1-on-1 meetings
- Manage vendor contracts and invoices
Event planning and committee leadership:
- Schedule and coordinate events involving external customers and partners
- Prepare agendas, ensure materials are ready, track and communicate action items
- Lead local cross-functional team that coordinates monthly office events
- Display strong leadership skills by influencing peers without direct authority
- Maintain finger on the pulse of the office to develop timely, engaging events
- 3+ years’ experience as administrative assistant, with Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Very high level of technical proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Skype
- Working knowledge of programs such as SharePoint, Salesforce, NetSuite, Jira and UltiPro are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and tracks all requests through to completion
- Ability to step up, display leadership and take control of a situation
- Maintains a positive, “can do” attitude even in the busiest of times
- Unfailing attention to detail
- Very coachable and eager to learn new skills
- Generates creative ideas to find the best solution
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top