Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
At Financial Engines (FNGN), we help millions of people get personalized retirement advice that makes a difference in their lives. And while we’re proud of what we’ve done, we need you to help take us further. We are seeking to fill a full-time position of Senior Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role, you will join a team that is responsible for completion of the monthly close process, setting internal accounting policies, and driving process changes to help us scale for the future. The successful candidate will be expected to problem solve, collaborate with our team, move fast while keeping attention to detail, and possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed – and all this sounds exciting and interesting to you!
What you will do:
- Process Accounts Payable data entry in NetSuite for vendor bills received from email and postal mail.
- Assist with Month end tasks and process invoices with and without POs
- Prepare weekly check run and mail checks to ensure timely payment of bills.
- Review employee Expense Reports and submit reimbursement file to payroll.
- Follow up on purchase order, vendor bill and expense report inquiries from either employees or vendors.
- Set up new vendors including selecting default expense accounts and obtaining W9 forms.
- Assist in providing documentation for quarterly Reviews and our annual Audit.
- Ensure SOX compliance in Accounts Payables processes and provide assistance to internal & external audit.
What you will need:
- BS + Full cycle Accounts Payable experience (or equivalent)
- NetSuite and/or other Accounting ERP systems experience
- Transaction accuracy and process orientation as well as working with a sense of urgency
- Customer service attitude and good oral/written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook and Word
Even better if you have:
- Comfortable in a paperless, digital environment
- Flexibility and openness to change and new ideas
- You have a big picture perspective: You realize your work affects Budget Owners, Employees, Vendors, financial statement accuracy, our month end close, our fixed asset system, etc.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top