QA Automation Engineer - Engineering Applications
Edelman Financial Engines is looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual who has a passion for QA testing to join the Investment Management team. You will be responsible for testing critical elements of our Financial Advisor and Managed Accounts services software.
- Design, develop, document, and execute automated testing using testing tools and writing automation for API testing in a Java environment.
- Review existing JUnit tests for coverage gaps, and augment as needed.
- Design, develop, document, and execute manual test cases
- Work with developers to isolate complex bugs and verify fixes
- Report software problems using bug tracking system (Jira)
- Provide timely status to the project team
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience in testing of multi-tiered, web-based environment and/or microservices
- 5+ years of demonstrated Java programming experience, including writing JUnit tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of development/test cycles (system, integration, regression, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational database (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc.)
- High comfort level with writing project test plans and test cases
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as a part of a project team
- Quantitative background sufficient to create test designs from selected financial algorithm specifications
- Interest in and aptitude for testing financial functionality
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Deep experience writing JUnit tests
- Testing in a Microservice, AWS environment
- Financial knowledge, preferably testing experience of financial applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top