The Marketing Copywriter brings the Financial Engines voice to business-critical communications that reach our Workplace prospects and customers.
The Copywriter is responsible for crafting messaging that increases brand awareness, understanding, use of, and engagements which convert pure prospects into customers of our three tiers of service: Online Advice, Professional Management, and Personal Advisor.
In real world terms, you’re the creative catalyst for building a customer journey that engages prospects and clients, and helps convince them to retain or increase their service from Financial Engines. This role helps drive business objectives by:
- Developing new, and iterating on existing, workplace outreach materials based on sponsor and stakeholder feedback and learnings.
- Delivering compelling copy and messaging to explain Financial Engines’ value proposition, benefits, services, and reasons to believe.
- Ensuring content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Creating content that generates increased engagement
- Collaborating with designers to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Playing an active role on the Content team by participating in internal teams and initiatives.
Primarily, the job encompasses the strategic visioning, writing, revising, and editing of:
- Marketing acquisition and nurture emails
- Marketing campaign deliverables including print and email
- Copy development for sponsor-specific initiatives
- Revising and updating existing campaign assets for annual Retirement Evaluation campaigns, awareness, and sponsor rollout
- Digital copy for sponsor use (banners, multimedia, headlines, service descriptions)
- Websites and landing pages
- Bachelor’s degree or above in marketing, communications, advertising, or similar field
- 10+ years’ work experience in the retirement advice/financial services/401(k) industry
- Proven background in both direct response and email marketing
- Patience, good humor, and understanding of the sponsor and legal review processes
- The ability to negotiate conflicting points of view and feedback to achieve workable outcomes
- A track record of understanding the needs and concerns of everyday Americans
- A disdain for jargon
- A portfolio of work so compelling, we’d buy what you’ve written about.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top