Institutional Marketing Manager
The Institutional Marketing Team at Edelman Financial Engines plays a unique but critical role in supporting the organization’s mission to help all Americans retire soundly. The team is responsible for articulating the value of the company and its services to the institutional marketplace. We foster loyalty among existing clients and support the development of new institutional relationships and partnerships. On our team, plan sponsors, recordkeepers, and consultants & advisors are always top of mind.
We’re seeking a driven, creative, and collaborative professional to join our tightknit team.
In this specific role, the Institutional Marketing Manager will be primarily focused on sales enablement and ultimately gaining new plan sponsor clients. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Assess the marketplace and competitors' capabilities to establish critical messaging that highlights Financial Engines' differentiators to prospective plan sponsor clients
- Serve as a strong and effective marketing partner to the Financial Engines Sales Team, to include:
- Creating marketing collateral and other sales tools based on Sales Team and plan sponsor feedback, as well as Financial Engines thought leadership
- Working with the team to strategize and develop custom presentations for specific sales opportunities
- Serving as a product subject matter expert, providing critical support for service demos
- Maintaining sales samples and custom reporting
Required qualifications and skills:
- Creative and effective writer and storyteller
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience, preferably on the institutional side
- Background in financial services is a must (expertise in advisory services or retirement is ideal)
- Highly consultative and client-focused, strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail while meeting multiple, competing deadlines
- Ability to remain in tune with the needs of employers, the challenges they face, and HR benefits trends
- A passion for the company’s mission and culture to help others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce; knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Qvidian, and Pardot is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top