Inside Sales Representative
Reinvent the system to give all people the power to grow. It is not just a purpose statement, it is who Financial Engines is and the mission we are on to help the average American with non-conflicted, comprehensive, and personal financial advice, regardless of the size of their portfolio.
Edelman Financial Engines is seeking a highly motivated and positive personality for our Lead Closing Team. Our Inside Sales Representatives:
- Call on warm leads, managing inbound and outbound sales calls and e-communication
- Conduct high volume outbound phone calls
- Help discover client needs and match them with a Planner to get the nonconflictive investment advice they need
- Confirm and schedule an in-person visit with one of our local Planners
What does an Inside Sales Representative do at Edelman Financial Engines?
- Establish positive relationships with prospective clients through warm lead conversion
- Schedule appointments based on the needs of the prospective client
- Effectively communicate the value of Financial Engines
- Continuously builds upon knowledge of Financial Engines products, services, programming, prices, promotions and technical skills
What skills and abilities would help me to be a great Inside Sales Representative?
- Self-motivated with strong desire to achieve consistent results
- Strong influencing and client engagement skills
- Excellent listening skills to translate wants and needs into products and services to meet those needs
- Extraordinary detail organization and prioritization skills and adaptability
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to overcome objections and solve problems
- Consistent on-site work and adherence to scheduled hours is required for oversight and client service continuity
What experiences would help me to qualify for this position at Financial Engines?
- 1-2 years of recent and relevant phone sales experience in an outbound call center required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college preferred
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
Emily oversees Financial Engines’ Digital and Live Event Channels, connecting interested people to nationwide retirement and financial planning news and information sessions.
Back to top