Financial Reporting Manager
Edelman Financial Services and Financial Engines seek an experienced professional to join the accounting team as a Financial Reporting Manager in Fairfax, VA.
This individual is responsible for applying GAAP standards and recording financial data in the general ledger, in addition to completing financial controls. The ideal candidate will have broad experience across functional areas of business, capable of accounting for all functional areas of the business and be familiar with Record to Report workflow processes. The position will assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual audited financial statements and provide ongoing feedback to the business.
- General Ledger accounting for multiple corporate-level entities to include debt, share-based compensation, and purchase price accounting
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including cash flows
- Perform analysis of assigned areas of the corporate-level and/or consolidated financial statements
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management and lenders
- Assist with preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes
- Administer OneStream consolidation and reporting system
- Serve as one of the key points of contact for external auditors
- Provide ongoing support to the Tax Department for tax provisions, journaling of tax refunds/payments, and tax distributions
- Manage workload efficiently according to a monthly Close calendar and Checklist
- Identify opportunities or process improvements and drive the implementation of the solution
- Team player across departments and Finance functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar discipline required
- 5-7 years of accounting experience in the 'Big 4'
- CPA license or candidate preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics SL GL, OneStream, and Prophix, or similar applications
- Strong aptitude for financial systems, with excellent Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic skills
- Excellent judgment to appropriately prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and work with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills required
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality
- Dependable/punctual, acting role model
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top