Director of Financial Processes and Applications
Edelman Financial Engines seeks a Director of Financial Processes and Applications for our Fairfax, VA location.
The primary responsibility of this position is to implement process improvements throughout the team to ensure consistency in recorded results, reduce manual/non-value-added work and reduce cycle times, while incorporating new data sources (e.g. billing systems) and integrating newly combined companies.
- Provide thought leadership to overarching accounting process design and workflows
- Work in partnership with accounting and operational groups to identify key areas requiring improvements
- Work in partnership with accounting groups to merge legacy processes into converged optimal processes
- Improve the business processes and operations through developing new financial systems enhancements
- Update and maintain SOX framework
- Manage and own accounting application e.g., NetSuite, Concur etc.
- Implement technology-based accounting process improvements
- Work on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or comparable field
- 10 years of progressive experience implementing technology-based process improvements
- Prior work experience involving accounting and/or finance
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database structures and SQL development
- Demonstrated ability to code in Visual Basic (for Applications/Excel)
- Intrinsic motivation with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create tools, systems, and processes that simplify processes and drive strategic decisions
- Robust sense of intellectual curiosity and the tenacity to experiment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more information: www.edelmanfinancialengines.com EOE. A comprehensive background check may be conducted on applicants for this position. Edelman Financial Engines has an employment-at-will policy.
Back to top