Financial Engines’ mission is to bring financial wellness and financial help to every American. With nearly 10 Million customers, Financial Engines is the leading provider for retirement advice, building personalized financial plans powered by our software. Financial Engines made an acquisition earlier this year, and we are entering a high growth trajectory on our product offerings and are growing our engineering team.
If you are looking for an exciting, high energy, challenging opportunity in designing our data strategy and move to cloud native technologies, we have an opening for you. We are seeking a talented hands-on Data Architect to set the vision, direction and development of our Data Platform for the next period of hyper growth. You will be adept in leveraging the capabilities of AWS to structure, scale, and service business-critical data needs. The ideal candidate will bring in proven experience in defining the data roadmap, including data modeling, implementation and data management. The Data Architect will chart a path towards future cloud based Big Data and Machine Learning based solutions. This full-time position is based in our Sunnyvale office.
- Lead the design and development of relational (such as MS SQL Server), non-relational (cloud native NoSQL) databases, leveraging and enhancing our data models.
- Apply knowledge and experience with AWS technologies, Hadoop, Spark/Kinesis, and other related technologies to develop batch and realtime ETL solutions realized through microservices architecture and use cases.
- Define, influence, develop and deploy data management architecture and solutions covering data lifecycle management, data quality, metadata capture, and implement data governance strategy to manage and track data changes.
- Collaborate with Platform Architect, Product Managers and Software Engineers to develop product architecture for our mission critical products.
- Define patterns for how to manage complexity of the data layer to improve the velocity of product ideas
- Keep up to date with the latest in Data Management related technologies, AND ability to test those ideas in the product
- 7+ years of industry experience working in the data architecture, data modelling, data analysis, and data lifecycle management
- Expert level understanding of MS SQL Server, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, ELK Stack, and AWS technologies such as EMR, Kinesis Firehose, Redshift, Athena + S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS
- Automation driven mindset and solid understanding of modern CI/CD practices
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills, including ability to diagnose and fix performance and scalability issues.
- Working experience in SCRUM Agile development process
- Self-motivated, passionate, innovative and driven to succeed.
- Data-driven decision making, results oriented
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- FinTech domain knowledge
- AWS Solutions Architect
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top