Financial Engines is a leading FinTech company specializing in managed investment, and retirement planning services powered by our proven and sophisticated software application.
The Operations Platform Dev Engineering Group at Financial Engines owns the principal backend component sub-systems responsible for the day-to-day mission-critical business operations.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Data Architect with strong skills in Amazon Web Service (AWS) based data management technologies, solution architecture development for data management, and data modeling to be a part of our team.
This full-time position is based in our Sunnyvale office.
- Design data management and data persistence solutions for application use cases leveraging relational, non-relational databases and enhancing our data processing capabilities.
- Build a data lake solution for reporting requirements for sourcing data from micro services on cloud, and on-prem application components.
- Use your strong experience in AWS technologies to develop batch and realtime ETL solutions realized through an event-based microservices architecture.
- Develop POCs and influence Platform Architect, Product Managers and Software Engineers to validate solution proposals.
- 7+ years of industry experience working in the data architecture, data modelling, data analysis, and data lifecycle management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence highly technical stakeholders with architectural proposals.
- Excellent Java language based coding skills. Excellent debugging and problem solving skills, including ability to address performance and scalability issues.
- Working experience in SCRUM Agile development process
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- FinTech domain knowledge
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as EMR, Kinesis Firehose, Redshift, Athena + S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top