Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Manager
The Corporate Communications team helps Financial Engines enhance its reputation with key external audiences and drive business priorities by creating a high-performing organization, engaged employees, lots of delighted customers, and a valued stock price for shareholders. The team includes, Public Relations, Investor Relations, Thought Leadership and Employee Communications.
Come join Financial Engines as part of the Corporate Communications team and play a highly influential role developing our Employee Communications and Thought Leadership programs. We are looking for an individual who has a creative spirit and can bring new ideas to life with passion and business impact. This is a content creation position, with an emphasis on developing materials for employee and key external audiences.
If you are a consultative communication partner who helps drive business results and are looking for an innovative and impactful communications position, this may be the role for you.
- Help lead Financial Engines employee communications program, whose charter is to align, inform and engage our growing base of nearly 800 employees across four offices in Sunnyvale, Boston, Kansas City and Phoenix
- Build, edit and revise communications platforms and content as necessary
- Provide day-to-day support for key business initiatives, including executive communications programs, strategic focus areas and key events such as company all hands meetings
- Create highly interactive experiences using forward-leaning technologies and develop / leverage Financial Engines intranet content to engage employees in a dynamic way
- Actively shape employee communications efforts across the company by sharing employee best practices and important business successes
- Work closely with the HR organization on initiatives to improve employee engagement with a communications program that “involves” and “engages” employees
- Help produce thought-provoking and engaging written analyses on retirement industry trends. This includes analyzing industry results, collecting and analyzing private sector and government data as well as conducting internet-based research to produce unique branded content
- Update current research reports as well as assist in the development and planning for new research offerings
- 7+ years of communications experience, preferably in employee communications in an agency or corporate environment
- Ability to build strategies and key messaging and play an active role executing them – making sure they reflect the organization’s purpose
- Demonstrated employee communications expertise and strong business leadership skills
- Proven ability and comfort coaching senior leaders
- Must have experience engaging with internal audiences in a way that helps build connections and inspire a multi-office workforce
- Passionate about testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Superior attention to detail; first class organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills (including PowerPoint), able to translate information and ideas in a crisp, concise manner
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Strong writing experience with the ability to simplify complex material and engage an audience
- Comfort working with data, analyses and investment professionals. Market research experience a plus (e.g., market validation, surveys, focus groups, etc.).
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top