Business Development Advisor
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in peoples’ lives? Have you been searching for a firm where the client relationship and experience truly is number one? Do you have an undeniable passion for helping people accomplish their dreams?
If so, then you have reached your final destination! We are seeking energetic and goal driven professionals to join the National Advisor Center, our nation’s largest independent registered investment advisor!
The outbound business development advisor will call warm leads with a focus on deepening client relationships, up-selling services, retaining at-risk and high-value clients through consultative sales.
What does a Business Development Investment Advisor do at Financial Engines?
- Make outbound calls to initiate a financial goal based conversation
- Deliver customized solutions to help clients achieve their financial goals
- Generate new leads using a consultative sales approach
- Cultivate pre-qualified leads from multiple advisor segments within the contact center
- Identify and overcome objections
- Foster ideas to help generate additional profitable programs through testing
- Show unparalleled integrity while contributing to the company vision
What traits will help me to make a difference?
- Strong, proven consultative sales skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills to identify and address issues
- Passion for building relationships with each and every client
- Self-motivated with strong desire to achieve consistent results
- Ability to work well within a high impact team environment
- Well organized and detail oriented in all facets of the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What experiences would help me to qualify as a fit for Financial Engines?
- 2-3+ years with financial services & investment industry experience preferred
- Contact center experience preferred
- Proven capability to attract and retain quality client relationships using consultative sales approach
- Desire to perform at high levels in a sales organization
- Possess the Series 65 or Series 7 & 66 licenses or obtain Series 65 within 6 months of hire date as a condition of employment.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is helpful
- A Clean U-4
What can an advisor expect from Financial Engines?
- Top tier training, a dedicated research department, strategic marketing and back office support
- An objective, conflict-free model centered around our valuable clients
- No limit model that works for the masses, not just the ultra-high net worth client.
Hear what Dimas has to say about his role and what it's like to work for Financial Engines:
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top