AWS Dev Ops Engineer, Analytics
The Analytics Office at Financial Engines seeks an experienced Dev Ops engineer to build and maintain a robust AWS cloud infrastructure to support our data warehouse and data pipelines, business intelligence assets, and data science capabilities.
What is the Analytics Office?
The Analytics Office is three groups within the Investment Management department of Financial Engines: Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Financial Technology. We own analytics systems like the data warehouse, Tableau dashboards, certain corporate data marts, and the data pipelines that feed them. We are separate from the product development and IT departments that own our corporate product code and production systems. The expectation of the company is for Analytics to be largely self-sufficient in its systems and administration. As opposed to the product organization (Java), Analytics is primarily a Python shop.
Responsibilities and Roles
- Develop and maintain an AWS code deployment pipeline for the Analytics Office
- Deploy and administer systems to perform such tasks as scheduling, access management, resource scaling and orchestration
- Deploy and administer systems for production support of Analytics Office production environments
- Experience transitioning from an on premise to cloud based architecture
- Write infrastructure as code with Cloud Formation and/or Teraform
- Support Analytics assets such as dashboards and machine-learning processes in AWS
- Help develop AWS POCs
- Provide subject matter expertise on DevOps principles
- Knowledge in running business intelligence and analytics applications within AWS
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Experience as DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment (4+ years)
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture (2+ years)
- Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloudfront in a highly available and scalable production environment (3+ years)
- Experience developing and maintaining infrastructure-as-code with Cloud Formation or Terraform (2+ years)
- Experience with Python and shell scripting (3+)
- Experience with configuration management using such tools as Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Salt,or Chef. (4+ years)
- Experience with Jenkins or other CICD scheduler (1-2+ years)
- AWS certification (DevOps, SysOps, Cloud Architect) a plus.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top