Do you want to make a real & positive impact in people’s lives? Is “Help” part of your personal core values? If so, then you will be an excellent fit with the Financial Engines team.
Financial Engines, the largest registered independent financial advisor, based in the Silicon Valley, and co-founded by a Nobel Prize winner in Economics with a mission to bring financial wellness and financial help to every American. We’re currently seeking an Application Developer for full time employment in Phoenix, Arizona.
As an Application Developer, you will play a key role in building, enhancing, and maintaining integrations between HR management systems and other systems. You will design and develop new solutions and tools that put employee experience at the center. You will join a fast-paced core team that works together to architect and build services that directly contribute to our employee productivity and satisfaction.
This hands-on technical role demands a strong analytical, data modeling and programming background. Preferred candidate will have experience designing and developing complex integrations between HR management systems and third party systems (Active Directory, Salesforce, OKTA, Onboarding, Benefits, etc.). The successful candidate will ensure the HR system is perfectly synchronized among all enterprise applications through continuous improvement of integrations, support and crisp execution of roadmap projects. And possess the ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions
- Build, enhance, and maintain integrations between HR management systems and third party systems
- Partner with Finance, HR, Facilities to streamline and automate HR data delivery and synchronization among enterprise applications
- Facilitate workflow and integration requirements gathering and process mapping workshops
- Identify, analyze, recommend and implement innovative solutions to improve business processes in CRM, HRIS, and ERP systems.
- Implement day-to-day support and administration requests.
- Partner with other stakeholders to develop and maintain disaster recovery procedures and periodically test those procedures for effectiveness.
- Seek out ways to utilize applications to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Assist in review and implementation of IT general controls and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the business users and other IT groups to design, build, configure, and automate workflows in existing applications.
- Leverage technical knowledge and expertise to drive improvements
- Provide off hour support on occasion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting integrations between core HRMS (UltiPro, Oracle, Workday, other) and third party systems
- 3+ years HR software application experience
- Experience with Web Services, HTML, CSS, SQL, XML, XSLT, Java
- Experience working with SaaS solutions and vendors (SFDC, Xactly, Dell Boomi, Box, SharePoint)
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Proven track record of implementing enterprise integration concepts and solutions successfully.
- Ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast - paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Experience in integrating UltiPro, Jira, and other internet-based applications strongly preferred
- Business process engineering experience desired
- Highly collaborative team player who will work across the organization to continue improving the way we serve internal customers
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both a technical audience and business users
About Financial Engines:
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor. We help people make the most of their retirement assets by providing professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist Bill Sharpe. Today, we offer retirement help to more than nine million employees across 600+ companies nationwide (including 144 of the Fortune 500). Our investment methodology, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisor center and personal attention allow us to help more Americans get on the path to a secure retirement. For more information, visit www.financialengines.com.
Financial Engines is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top