At Financial Engines (FNGN), we help millions of people get personalized retirement advice that makes a difference in their lives. And while we’re proud of what we’ve done, we need you to help take us further. We are seeking to fill a full-time position of Accountant II. In this role, you will join a team that is responsible for completion of the monthly close process, setting internal accounting policies, and driving process changes to help us scale for the future. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific areas of the balance sheet and you will be expected to problem solve, collaborate with our team, move fast while keeping attention to detail, and possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed – and all this sounds exciting and interesting to you!
What you will do:
- Take ownership of the end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting process from record compilation, reconciliation, month end close, result analytics, internal and external reporting for assigned accounts.
- Be responsible for multiple balance sheet accounts of varying level of complexity and materiality.
- Ensure the compliance of various balance sheet accounts with approved accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Help define, develop and drive business processes that can affect financial reporting.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and perform research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
What you will need:
- Passion about Accounting and takes great pride in creating quality, accurate results.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience in a corporate or audit environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel, with a close attention to detail.
- Accounting ERP systems experience
- Confidence in your accounting skillset, GAAP knowledge, account reconciliations and ability to research accounting literature.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with an ability to work well individually and in a team setting within a fast-paced, deadline-driven public company environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Even better if you have:
- Public company experience.
- Big 4 background
- NetSuite ERP experience.
- CPA License
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is America’s largest independent investment advisor1. We help people achieve greater financial clarity by providing comprehensive financial planning and professional investment management and advice. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Financial Engines was co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist William F. Sharpe. We currently offer financial help to more than 9.5 million people across over 700 companies (including 146 of the Fortune 500). Our unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet their financial goals.
For more information, please visit www.financialengines.com.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
1 For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
Meet Some of Financial Engines's Employees
CTO, VP Technology Office
Alexander oversees a group of architects who are responsible for creating technology and innovation roadmaps for Financial Engines, while supporting the entire company in tech areas.
Back to top