Position Title: Technical Writer
Description: As a technical writer, you will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with robotics staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. This effort will directly enable our products and services to be more fully utilized with fewer calls to our support organization.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- BS in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Must have the ability to take large amount of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their problems.
- Must have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Ability to go and find out not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Google applications.
- Familiarity with git, restructured text and Latex.
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, unlimited time-off, 15 holidays.
- Experience working with some of the best robotics minds of our time.
- Opportunity to help build a revolution in the way work is done.
Meet Some of Fetch Robotics's Employees
Lead Robotics Engineer
Ian codes, guides, and develops Fetch Robotics' automation technology. He manages Technical Team tasks and advances product features— providing warehouse businesses with the smartest robot workers.
Back to top