Sr. Firmware Engineer
Fetch Robotics is a leading provider of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR's) that is revolutionizing the logistics industry. We are a young start-up growing at an incredibly rapid pace and we're looking for talented and enthusiastic people who are comfortable with a large degree of ownership and able to take risks.
A successful Senior Firmware Engineer candidate will design, develop, and support the embedded firmware for all of Fetch products. You will work closely with the Robotics software team in sharing the low-level firmware tasks.
You will be responsible for collaborating cross-functionally with electrical, software and firmware teams in order to define and develop firmware for existing products, new product features, and new technologies. You will be a key contributor to the transition of hardware embedded designs from concept, through prototype into production.
- Ability to write low level embedded firmware (C/ C++) to control real-time devices such as motors, sensors, etc as well as read inputs from various analog and digital sensor/ image devices
- Ability to write firmware in a resource-contained development environment
- Support the design of PC Boards that use microcontrollers, microprocessors (ARM), and misc control/sensing logic
- Implement, test and support processor peripheral interfaces like PCIe, USB, I2C, SPI, storage, high-speed serial interfaces
- Ability to interface to the next level drivers within an embedded system
- Involved in high-speed signaling and camera electrical protocols (e.g., MIPI, LVDS, SDI)
- Develop and support control algorithms for various sensors and transducers
- Be involved with general digital and analog electrical design
- Will contribute in taking embedded systems designs from concept through manufacturing
- Will work independently and in a group, which includes firmware code sharing
- Support the build and test proof-of-concept, prototype, and production hardware
- Troubleshoot, define and seek resources to recognize and resolve system-level issues that would involve electrical, mechanical and/or software components
- Collaborate with other disciplines within the company
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Robotics Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years of hands-on embedded systems experience
- Significant experience in C++ (and C)
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering schematics and drawings
- Ability to write and review reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, lean environment
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers & peers
- Familiar with SQL, a plus
- Familiarity with robotics or motion control or PID control systems
- Startup experience
- Competitive salary and equity-based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, LTD, unlimited time-off, 15 holidays
- Experience working with some of the best robotics minds of our time.
- Working with a highly motivated engineering team, an eager product team, and generally a fast-paced development environment.
- Opportunity to help build and revolutionize robotics
Back to top