Robotic Systems Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Robotics Engineer - Systems
Fetch Robotics is a venture-backed Silicon Valley startup in San Jose, CA that revolutionizes the way work is done in large warehouses and distribution centers with innovative robotic solutions. Our team members are robotics experts with multidisciplinary backgrounds. We are currently seeking a robotics engineer on the Robotics Systems Team!
Job Description: As a Robotics Engineer at Fetch you’ll be developing highly scalable, fault tolerant server-side and client-side applications for a large number of collaborative robots using various programming languages. Duties as a member of the Systems Team linux driver programming, embedded software and device programming, and systems programming. We are looking for application developers with experience with highly scalable and efficient software systems.
- Create software and firmware solutions that are capable of interacting with embedded devices, sensors, actuators and other devices.
- Create and/or maintain robotic software and systems and their connection to cloud systems.
- Develop and integrate mobile robot navigation technology, including low-level control systems,and higher level behaviors.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science 2+ years of work experience, Robotics or a related field or BS with 4+ years applicable industry experience.
- Experience with programming embedded systems and working with external hardware devices.
- Software development experience in a Linux environment working in collaboration with hardware and software teams
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: C++, Python
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with ROS, Docker, Bazel, Git.
- Experience programming web applications.
- Experience reading and implementing published research.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, LTD, flexible time-off, paid holidays.
- Opportunity to help build a revolution in the way work is done.
Back to top