- San Jose, CA
Job Description: Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and will assist with the coaching and development of the manufacturing technician workforce.
The Production Supervisor will assist with the creation of the daily, monthly, quarterly build plan & capacity analysis driving best in class manufacturing & test operations as it relates to quality, productivity, cost, and on-time delivery of autonomous mobile robots (AMRs).
The Production Supervisor will assist manufacturing engineering and quality control with understanding root-cause for any production level fall-out due to workmanship issues, equipment selection/set-up, process documentation, or other identified issues.
The Production Supervisor is part of the manufacturing workforce and as such will be required to produce and test AMRs along with the manufacturing technicians.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manufacture, test & pack-out of AMRs and accessories following technical drawings & written instruction (i.e., AMR manufacturing process instructions).
- Ensure that AMR production, testing, and pack-out schedules are in line with Fetch Sales Order requested ship dates and productions commitments against those sales orders.
- Monitor achievement against the AMR quarterly build plan, actual versus plan, providing production manager with real-time updates surrounding any line-down situations or capacity constraints.
- Manage the cross-training schedule with the manufacturing engineering/production manager.
- Audit work-order lineside material kit pulls from inventory control for accuracy with sign-off & acceptance. Identify any gaps with lineside material versus AMR build plan.
- Ensure any material overages from kit pull are identified driving RTS (return to stock)for those overages with inventory control.
- Monitor manufacturing technician breaks/lunches, as a team, ensuring they are meeting the non-exempt requirements per CA., state law.
- Run & publish to management a weekly report identifying any non-conformance by employees surrounding shift start/stop times per Fetch manufacturing technician start/stop time schedule.
- Assist and lead in all Lean, continuous improvement, and 5s initiatives.
- Review/audit AMR SOPs for accuracy driving corrective actions with manufacturing engineering.
- Manage incoming RMA assets into the production process.
- Audit manufacturing technicians filling out of MRB (material review board) red-tags with the movement of materials to MRB shelf managed directly by the production supervisor.
- Run early AM daily stand-up meeting, reviewing today, tomorrow, this week AMR build plan with the team, prior to shift-start.
- Participate in the weekly lean-kaizen meetings where best practices and quality alerts are reviewed with manufacturing and quality engineering leads.
- Promote a positive, safe quality orientated team atmosphere.
- 5 plus years of experience in manufacturing/production and assembly of like products (i.e., electromechanical, mechanical, box-build).
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to instill discipline with respect to schedule, quality, and accuracy of records/data.
- Reliable and punctual. As the Production Supervisor, you must set the standard for others to follow.
- Fluency in tools such as; Google Doc & Google Sheets. NetSuite & Arena are a plus.
- Strong operational, technical, and data analysis skills.
- Competitive salary
- Equity-based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D
- Flexible time off - work hard & play hard
- Awesome company culture
Back to top