Materials Quality Control Technician
Supports Product and Component level quality control processes and systems through the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of those processes and systems including the creation of and maintenance of supporting revision controlled documentation. Assists Manufacturing Engineers and Hardware Engineers in the analysis of quality issues, equipment selection and setup, manufacturing documentation, and the manufacturing process flow.
Act as site liaison for manufacturing and component level quality issues.Interfaces with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the site operations for all quality related activities, deliverables, and imperatives.Responsible for incoming Component level quality reporting any non-conformance via documented process controls. Establish and support MRB (material review board) process which includes FA (failure analysis) and RCCA (root-cause corrective action) for component level non-conformance. Work with Fetch CFT (cross functional teams) as well as component level and sub-assembly level Suppliers driving RCCA for any material non-conformance.Establish RIP (receiving inspection plans) for all components based on current and historical quality data.Track, monitor, and report component and sub-assembly level non-conformance with pareto data to illustrate quality trend(s).Establish and manage all SCAR (supplier corrective action response) with closed loop plans upon issuance of SCAR.Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.Provide training and mentorship to other technicians and operators/assemblers as needed.Assist manufacturing and engineering by conducting root cause analysis as required and driving corrective actions both internally and externally.Assist with the creation/development of tooling and fixtures required for Robot assembly.Support production line performance and determine the necessary steps, and inline QC (quality control) operations as needed to achieve optimum line efficiency and product quality.Cross train and act as a flex resource for Inventory Control; including cycle counts, material kit pulls, component and sub-assembly system receipts, backflushed,, Assist and lead in Lean continuous improvement activities.Ensure manufacturing area is kept tidy (5S).
- 3-5 years experience in similar related field
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to track, monitor, and present data in pareto fashion
- Operate with a RCCA (root cause corrective action) mindset
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to concisely state an issue at varying levels of detail depending on the audience
- Fluency in tools such as; Google Mail & Google Docs
- Strong foundation process improvement with focus on data accuracy
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., to be accessible to production floor, attendance at meetings with indirect and direct team members, supervisors, and management.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Equity based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D
- Flexible time off - work hard & play hard
- Awesome company culture
Back to top