Service Management Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Service Management Engineer
Federated Wireless is a dynamic, fast-paced, cutting-edge software company that is leading the wireless industry through the shared spectrum revolution. Federated Wireless is disaggregating the wireless networks to allow for new disruptive models for fast, low-cost cloud enabled wireless connectivity solutions. We are taking advantage of the latest cloud services and implementing advanced algorithms to fully automate service creative and delivery. We are looking for leaders who want to revolutionize the way wireless networks are built. Federated Wireless is led by CEO Iyad Tarazi and a team of industry veterans who continue to build on this heritage, pioneering new territory in the commercialization of shared spectrum.
This role is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the performance of cellular wireless network, server, and radio components. This role includes monitoring, auditing, responsiveness, stress evaluation, capacity analysis, and reporting. This role monitors technology improvements, recommends upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- Develop a vision for operations technology and proactively undertake a planning process that regularly evaluates existing technology and information systems.
- Gather and analyze changing requirements of customers and users and develop an IT environment that responds to business and user needs and provides effective, reliable and dependable performance
- Duties include examining performance problems and identifying appropriate corrective action.
- This role analyzes trends and recurring performance problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Handles client escalation requests by working with internal and external resources to remediate issues effectively.
- Define and report KPI’s that help measure success in meeting MTTR and other SLA’s
- Develops training programs for NOC Tier 1 Staff
- Implements required monitoring and SLA’s on event alarm management
- Defines and implements a NOC Disaster Recovery and Contingency Plan
- Defines and documents process and process improvement within the NOC
- Coaches and Mentors staff to ensure personnel achieve highest level of performance
- Supports critical incident triage, resolution and postmortem reviews.
- Collaborates with other internal teams to ensure procedures are properly documented and executed within the NOC.
- Recommends technology strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Leads by example and exceeds requirements for policies including attendance and dress
- Proven experience in telecommunications focused NOC Tier 2 environment
- 6+ years’ experience in application and system triage and management
- 3+ years’ experience managing and supporting end to end system performance
- Experience working with performance management, element management and log management tools
- Familiarity with cloud software development, triage and maintenance is critical
- Software development and workflow management tools, such as JIRA, Service Desk, ELK Stack
- Strong sense of ownership. High degree of personal initiative.
- Knowledge of 3GPP wireless architectures
- Working knowledge of 5G/LTE, both EPC & RAN
- Strong written and oral communication
- Bachelor's degree in technical field. Data analytics coursework desirable
And experience in one of the following categories is desirable:
- Experience with Cloud platforms, and designing and orchestrating applications for scale
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud and native services
- 3rdParty Cloud services such as MongoDB for No-SQL AWS 3 storage, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with automated verification frameworks for Cloud applications desirable
- Bash scripting and AWS CLI command line knowledge essentials
Back to top