The Senior Security Engineer will be hands-on and responsible for security monitoring, incident handling, security operations processes, threat management, documenting security policies and educating the rest of the product development team in best practices for developing secure cloud applications. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Develop threat models and perform security assessments to identify areas of risk and ensure any gaps are remediated
- Provide engineering teams with precise security requirements including for include secure network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementation of encryption, privilege management, logging, input validation, secure storage design and secure data transfer
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues
- Own security architecture in the Cloud in collaboration with engineering team.
- Consult on, and provide requirements for critical projects and initiatives
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Assist in the implementation of a formalized information security awareness offering
- Keep stakeholders updated with communications.
- Stay current on cloud security policies, standards, regulations, and best practices.
- At least five years of experience in the Security field as a Security Engineer, or similar
- Two or more years of experience with AWS/Public Cloud
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Experience with security management of cloud-based services (SaaS)
- Experience architecting, deploying and managing a suite of security management tools, including tools for: WAF, SIEM, log management, DDOS protection, Pen-testing, vulnerability management, automated code analysis, and anti-malware
- Hands-on experience with security management of virtual machines, containers, and applications
- Knowledge of public key cryptography, web services SSO strategies, CVSS scoring
- Relevant certifications a plus (AWS Certified Security, CISSP etc.)
Location: Washington Metro Area or Boston MA
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.