- Arlington, VA
The NOC Manager is directly responsible for the day to day activities of the team including operators, analyst or engineers responsible for performing the actions stated in the job description. The team monitors business availability, manages applications and ensures the performance management products deployed to support the client are implemented and used in a proactive state and high priority events are being addressed as agreed upon with the clients. This position reports to the General Manager of Deployment and provides status and updates on an as needed basis and drives incidents to resolution.
- Manages the input/output of incidents, security events, and break fix items to attain to resolution within the allotted time-frames required and functional
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Provides immediate response for assigned tickets and escalate events in a timely manner
- Ensure a prompt recovery of the system, supervising and directing the internal or external resources when needed
- Regular review of all outstanding tickets to make certain SLA’s are being met
- Consistent oversight of all issues to ensure continued communication to the customer
- Take ownership of escalations from team members and engage in direct customer communications
- Be the liaison between management and the technicians so their focus is toward daily responsibilities
- Incident Manager during all outages: Ensure all teams are engaged and are providing timely updates. Confirm all customer communications and ensure updates are sent per Incident Management guidelines. Construct and deliver high quality updates on issues to Executive Management team.
- Create, organize and distribute documentation for the team
- Provide feedback to management on process and procedural improvement
- Produce daily reports on outsourced NOC performance to include ticket and call metrics
- Mentoring each team member on any issues as needed
- Lead by example and drive the core values of the company
- Always ensure a quality customer experience
- Provides oversight to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) process and confirm all changes have been completed as expected
- Prompts system recovery and minimization of any impact to customers has priority over unreasonably long and intensive data collection.
- Collaborates with other support teams and 3rd party vendors to understand their business needs
- Ensures compliance standards and practices are followed and documentation is updated
- Provides input into management for Roadmap and forecasting activities
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the internal support teams and with meeting client expectations through high volumes of continuous communications
- Effectively coordinate troubleshooting efforts during outage bridges to meet SLA’s
- Mentor Tier 1 resources in troubleshooting and technical knowledge development
- Coordinate and grow partnerships with many organizations including Tier 1 outsourced NOC, Federated’s Inter-OP team, Commercial Customer Support Centers, Field Operations, Engineering
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis documents are completed on time and recommended process changes are effectively implemented.
- Collaborate with all customer NOC leaders to maintain and refine processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable area of expertise OR 8 years of NOC management experience
- 5+ years of NOC management and incident/change management experience in a large enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience leading teams and/or managing workloads for team members in a command center
- Previous experience as a network analyst, network consultant, and/or network administrator
- Experience working with application performance tool sets to monitor critical applications and report out
- Experience supporting applications in a Cloud environment or migration of application to a cloud offering.
- Experience implementing standard procedures and leading process improvement initiatives
- Experience with the following software environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Service Now and JIRA ticketing systems
- Must have some flexibility with shift work as the group covers diverse hours and peak periods and possibly some weekends
- Client facing experience
- Demonstrated ability to present to business/client leadership
- AWS experience
- Software experience
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Back to top