Federated Wireless - Senior Software Engineer (Kubernetes, Linux Networking)
Federated Wireless is leading the wireless, cable, and enterprise Wi-Fi industries through the shared spectrum revolution, unlocking a spectrum of possibilities by eliminating the decades-old problem of spectrum scarcity. The Company offers the industry's first Spectrum Controller, a cloud-native enablement platform with automation and a vast pre-integrated OEM partner program. The Spectrum Controller platform enables Enterprises and Service Providers to securely access large quantities of 4G and 5G spectrum and together with Network Controller offers end-to-end CBRS connectivity as a service. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Federated Wireless is removing the multibillion-dollar price tag associated with spectrum access, driving the creation of new private wireless network implementations.
Federated Wireless' Spectrum Controller, which delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-native Spectrum Access System (SAS), protects Federal incumbents with a redundant network of Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) sensors, and provides a robust set of life cycle management tools with real-time visibility for optimizing and monetizing Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS).
Federated Wireless' Network Controller, which delivers cloud-managed Core services at the edge, together with Spectrum Controller, completes the offering of end-to-end CBRS Connectivity-as-a-Service.
The Senior Software Engineer (Kubernetes, Linux Networking) is a software engineer who is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain the assigned projects in all phases of the agile development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components and then follow through with the coding, testing and integration of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Designs, develops, tests, and documents Cloud-based as well as stand-alone services with support for RESTful APIs
- Provides complete ownership of application or feature (design, development, testing, deployment, support) within the team
- Implements queries to relevant databases
- Configures automated system integration through CI/CD
- Tracks different aspects of development and testing work in an Agile process
- Creates automated unit tests, integration tests, stress/load tests and tracks found bugs using scripting languages and automation frameworks
- Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
- Creates technical proposals and white papers, writes functional and design specifications
- Follows security guidance in the development process as well as in SW design
- Measures compliance against standards where relevant
- 5+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes on hardware
- Working knowledge of Linux networking internals
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
Experience in the following categories:
- Kubernetes on hardware
- Build automation
- Deployment automation
- Jenkins Pipelines
- Git source control
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- LTE EPC
Meet Some of Federated Wireless's Employees
Carrie W.Software Engineer
Carrie is part of the Engineering team that focuses on designing, developing elegant cloud based software solutions to meet product requirements.
Back to top