Federated Wireless - Embedded Software Engineer
Federated Wireless is leading the wireless, cable, and enterprise Wi-Fi industries through the shared spectrum revolution, unlocking a spectrum of possibilities by eliminating the decades-old problem of spectrum scarcity. The Company offers the industry's first spectrum controller, a cloud-native enablement platform with automation and a vast pre-integrated OEM partner program. The Spectrum Controller platform enables Enterprises and Service Providers to securely access large quantities of 4G and 5G spectrum. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Federated Wireless is removing the multibillion-dollar price tag associated with spectrum access, driving the creation of new private wireless network implementations.
Federated Wireless' Spectrum Controller, which delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-native Spectrum Access System (SAS), protects Federal incumbents with a redundant network of Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) sensors, and provides a robust set of lifecycle management tools with real-time visibility for optimizing and monetizing Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS).
The Embedded Software Engineer is an expert in all stages of embedded software development and deployment, from the creation of hardware drivers to integration with larger systems. The candidate has extensive experience in embedded Linux systems, including real-time multithreaded sensor applications. This individual will lead the development of applications and the Linux environment for a heterogenous spectrum sensing solution, working with system, FPGA, and RF and other hardware engineers to implement and verify the solution in an integrated software defined radio platform.
- Lead embedded product studies and perform analysis to meet requirements
- Write design specifications
- Lead embedded software design, test development, verification and debug
- Conduct lab and field testing to optimize design and verify performance of firmware
- Interface with other design teams to resolve design, implementation, and deployment issues
- Stay current with latest embedded software technologies, development environments, tools, process and best practices
- Assist with reviews of all embedded development projects
- Assess technologies & products to recommend vendors & partners
- Measure compliance against standards, where relevant.
- 3-7 years comprehensive experience in embedded software development
- Extensive experience in the creation of embedded applications, hardware drivers and Board Support Packages (BSPs)
- Strong skills with debug tools and techniques for embedded real-time multi-threaded applications
- Experience creating and targeting embedded Linux systems (including U-Boot)
- Experience with cross-compiler tool chains and bare board bring-up
- Fluent in C/C++, Java, Python and embedded Linux
- Experience developing for custom hardware platforms and FPGAs
- Familiarity with hardware interfaces, such as PCIe, I2C, SPI, DDR3, DMA controllers, etc.
- Digital Signal Processing methods and applications
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
- Internet of Things (IOT) and cloud development
Minimum BSEE. MSEE preferred.
Location: Arlington, VA
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Back to top