Federated Wireless - DevOps Engineer
Federated Wireless is leading the wireless, cable, and enterprise Wi-Fi industries through the shared spectrum revolution, unlocking a spectrum of possibilities by eliminating the decades-old problem of spectrum scarcity. The Company offers the industry's first spectrum controller, a cloud-native enablement platform with automation and a vast pre-integrated OEM partner program. The Spectrum Controller platform enables Enterprises and Service Providers to securely access large quantities of 4G and 5G spectrum. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Federated Wireless is removing the multibillion-dollar price tag associated with spectrum access, driving the creation of new private wireless network implementations.
Federated Wireless' Spectrum Controller, which delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-native Spectrum Access System (SAS), protects Federal incumbents with a redundant network of Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) sensors, and provides a robust set of lifecycle management tools with real-time visibility for optimizing and monetizing Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS).
The CI/CD DevOps Engineer will work to build a complete CI/CD pipeline which supports an agile engineering team and a diverse set of programming and cloud technologies and which deploys the resultant massive-scale, mission-critical, multi-tenant cloud application into high availability, geographically-dispersed cloud environments. The Cloud Services DevOps Engineer in this role will independently design and develop continuous integration and deployment frameworks and mentor other engineers in the use and/or extension of the frameworks. This is a hands-on role that will design, code, test and document components and/or sub-components. We are looking for a self-motivated, phenomenal teammate with a background working in an Agile environment to join our dynamic team!
- Design, develop, test, and document a complete CI/CD pipeline for massive-scale, mission-critical, multi-tenant cloud applications
- Responsible for service delivery in engineering and pre-production environments
- Mentor other engineers in the use and/or extension of the CI/CD pipeline
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of CI/CD technologies, cloud services, and cloud deployments
- Assist with product studies, perform requirements analysis, and develop software architectures to meet requirements
- Support internal and external presentations and discussions as part of the Engineering team, and incorporate customer feedback into release management process
Experience in the following areas are required
- Experience managing CircleCI or Jenkins and creating workflows for continuous service integration, testing, and deployment. This includes setting up automatic: code pulls from Git, building the code, packaging it (into OS packages and/or containers), deploying the packages to test systems, starting automated tests, and reporting results via dashboards).
- Experience with Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Git source code control
- Experience with Cloud Services, preferably on AWS
- Experience with Cloud deployment, preferably on AWS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years hands-on experience with DevOps technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
- Experience with noSQL databases such as DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Experience with Python and shell scripting
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
- Interest in wireless communication technologies
- Boston, MA
Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Back to top