Federated Wireless - Benefits and Payroll Manager
Federated Wireless is leading the wireless, cable, and enterprise Wi-Fi industries through the shared spectrum revolution, unlocking a spectrum of possibilities by eliminating the decades-old problem of spectrum scarcity. The Company offers the industry's first spectrum controller, a cloud-native enablement platform with automation and a vast pre-integrated OEM partner program. The Spectrum Controller platform enables Enterprises and Service Providers to securely access large quantities of 4G and 5G spectrum. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Federated Wireless is removing the multibillion-dollar price tag associated with spectrum access, driving the creation of new private wireless network implementations.
Federated Wireless' Spectrum Controller, which delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-native Spectrum Access System (SAS), protects Federal incumbents with a redundant network of Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) sensors, and provides a robust set of lifecycle management tools with real-time visibility for optimizing and monetizing Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS).
Federated Wireless is seeking an experienced Benefits and Payroll Manager to help grow our HR team in a fast paced start-up environment. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Payroll and Benefits function for our growing employee base as well driving and executing successful benefit negotiations and the annual benefit open enrollment process. This role will report directly to the Director, Human Resources.
- Manage/oversee the overall biweekly payroll processing function by providing error free, efficient, and best practice payroll services.
- Manage the overall benefits function including active participation in the negotiations with vendors/providers, annual open enrollment, employee communication, and ongoing enrollment changes.
- Lead the research, analysis, revision, design and implementation of employee benefit programs and recommends changes and/or new benefit programs
- Drive continuous improvement, creating better work flow, eliminating errors and inefficiencies and standardizing processes as they relate to payroll and benefits.
- Ensure compliance with company employment policies as well as Federal, State and Local rules and regulations as it relates to all payroll and benefits processes and programs.
- Serve as the primary contact and resource for plan vendors and third-party administrators, track vendor performance, ensure cost effective and high quality service for plan participants
- Respond to employee inquiries and act as liaison between vendor and employees to intercede on employee's behalf to resolve issues and address complaints
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations which affect employee pay and benefits including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, ACA and HIPPA
- Ensure compliance, administration and monthly auditing of various employee benefit plans; including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, flexible spending, and voluntary products.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent from a college, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Human Resources, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in Human Resources/Benefits and Payroll.
- Formal Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred
- Experience with one or more HR Payroll systems (experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred), including system implementations / upgrades.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work with competing demands while focusing on accuracy/attention to detail.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with personal information, compensation and benefit information.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Payroll Functions, including: Payroll Administration/Taxes, Policies/Procedures, Payroll System Management and Legal Compliance including Federal/State Wage & Hour Laws, FMLA/Paid Family Leave, Health Care Reform Act, ERISA, Unemployment and Tax Laws.
- Effectively resolve problems using independent judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or law.
- Knowledge of benefit regulations and laws (e.g., ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, ACA, COBRA, etc.)
- Solid understanding of a range of benefit programs such as health and welfare, retirement, time off, etc.
- Effective communication and presentation skills as well as strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Back to top