Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Federated Wireless is a dynamic, fast-paced, cutting-edge software company that is leading the wireless industry through the shared spectrum revolution. Federated Wireless is disaggregating the wireless networks to allow for new disruptive models for fast, low-cost cloud-enabled wireless connectivity solutions. We are taking advantage of the latest cloud services and implementing advanced algorithms to fully automate service creation and delivery. We are looking for leaders who want to revolutionize the way wireless networks are built. Federated Wireless is led by CEO Iyad Tarazi and a team of industry veterans who continue to build on this heritage, pioneering new territory in the commercialization of shared spectrum.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will work to deploy, manage, document and troubleshoot a a massive scale, highly available, fault tolerant, multi-tenant SAAS application using DevOps and Ci/CD best practices. The Cloud DevOps Engineer will independently perform these functions using Agile methodologies. (S)he will design and code test cases for deployment, and monitoring of components and/or sub-components, and operational tools for all micro-services. We are looking for a self-motivated, phenomenal teammate with a wide and deep knowledge of AWS environments and utilizing CI/CD technologies to join our dynamic team!
- Responsible for service delivery and deploying customer environments via CICD pipelines for a massive scale, highly available, fault tolerant, multi-tenant SAAS application
- Tier 3 support for SaaS environments.
- Assist with product studies, perform requirements analysis, and develop software architectures to meet requirements
- Perform application service performance analysis, and scale/load testing
- Monitor application services and ensure alignment with availability requirements
- Manage support tickets, driving the coordination for RCA determination
- Creates technical proposals and white papers, write functional and design specifications
Experience in the following areas are required
- Experience using Jenkins or similar environments to creating and deploy workflows for continuous service integration, testing, and deployment. This includes setting up automatic code pulls from Git, building the code, packaging it (into OS packages and/or containers), deploying the packages into the AWS cloud, configurating various AWS cloud resources, starting automated tests, and reporting results via dashboards.
- Broad knowledge of creating/managing AWS services
- Git source code control
- Experience with Java, C/C++, Python environments
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases such as Postgress and MongoDB
- Strong Linux competency
- Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years hands-on experience with DevOps technologies
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience in the following areas are desired
- Python and shell scripting
- Ansible configuration management
- RESTful API usage and implementations
- Experience in wireless communication technologies a strong plus
- Arlington VA
Occasional travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Back to top