Technical Support, Site Reliability Analyst or Technical Support, Sr. Site Reliability Analyst - eGov
- Cleveland, OH
Technical Support, Site Reliability Analyst or Technical Support, Sr. Site Reliability Analyst
eGovernment (eGov) partners and supports the U.S. Treasury's mission to expand the use of digital transactions across the Federal Government. The group provides strategic-level leadership, industry knowledge and innovative thinking to assist with Treasury's end goal of all-electronic payments and disbursements.
As a part of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's eGov team, we embrace the challenge of consistently delivering exceptional work to benefit the Treasury, our organization, federal agencies, businesses, financial institutions and individuals.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
Provides a broad range of technical support services for Treasury's large scale, web-based financial transaction processing applications managed by eGov. Supports application design and deployment, continuity planning, contingency planning, application monitoring, and second tier support.
- Provides technical assistance for business operations and application development to ensure applications are running optimally in production, test, and development environments.
- Interacts with technicians such as, application integrators, network and infrastructure engineers to provide ongoing second and third level support for off-the-shelf and custom written enterprise-wide applications, including application monitoring, application tuning, troubleshooting, resolution of complex technical issues, and development of or support for standard maintenance procedures.
- Provides assistance with data analysis, capacity plans, and execution of contingency plans.
- Serves as technical resource to internal and external IT groups. May provide subject matter expertise for third party products and utilities used to support enterprise-wide applications.
- Works directly with users such as technicians with federal agencies to resolve third party interfacing system technical issues.
- Works with the development staff to understand the software products and any enhancements that are deployed, consults with developers on issues related to the impact of development on the infrastructure, works with system engineers and developers to define server configuration settings, leads the migration of code through staging environments to production, and provides assistance to software quality assurance technicians during system acceptance testing.
- Understands transaction, batch, and file processing flows.
- May provide subject matter expertise for third party products and utilities used to support enterprise wide applications.
- Required to provide rotational on-call support.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.
- Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are consistently made within reason and affect the work group or department.
- Working in a group environment: Requires working as part of a group to solve issues and problems.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3+ years of experience OR Associate degree and/or Technical Bootcamp Certificate with 5+ years of experience for Tech Support/Site Reliability Analyst
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5+ years of experience OR Associate degree and/or Technical Bootcamp Certificate with 7+ years of experience for Tech Support/Sr. Site Reliability Analyst
- Ability to read and comprehend complex technical documentation
- Ability to comprehend business operational requirements
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex and communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage and ensure the success of deployments
- Strong communication skills; verbal & written. Ability to articulate clear and concise instructions and resolutions.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
Knowledge Areas preferred:
- Linux, Solaris, Unix administration & shell scripting
- Oracle Relational DBs, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, or Oracle SQL Developer
- Weblogic/Websphere App servers administration & installation
- CI/CD software deployment & configuration using Ansible/Nexus/Bamboo/Gitlab
- AppDynamics, SiteScope, CTRL-M, Splunk
- HTTP, TCP/IP, VCS, Networking, SAN
- AWS Cloud technologies and practices, traditional and cloud infrastructure components and techniques
Back to top