T2C Software QA Lead
- Cleveland, OH
Software QA Lead
Here at the Cleveland Fed, we're excited to play a major role in the transformation of the U.S. government's largest digital tax collections system.
Led by both customer- and data-driven insights, we are committed to developing and implementing a new service with the best, most innovative technologies available today.
Are you up for the challenge?
We give you the opportunity to boost your career and join a talented team committed to excellence, agile principles, and our customers.
You bring to us experience, positivity, and a willingness to collaborate on a system that will give taxpayers an improved, user-friendly experience.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
The role is responsible for establishing and executing the department quality assurance strategy and provides technical direction, planning, coordination of assignments, and organizing quality control updates. Serves as a mentor and role model to peers. Also performs quality assurance on complex initiatives which includes understanding how a system works. Develops, executes and maintains complex test cases to ensure the system functions according to requirements.
This role primarily supports the Transforming Tax Collection program.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience: w o rk experience may include a blend of technical experience with a minimum of 3 + years of QA experience-API experience (preferred)
Associate's degree or software testing certificate with 9+ years of related work experience - API experience (preferred)
• Work collaboratively as part of a development team within an agile work environment utilizing Scrum or Kanban methodologies
• Understanding of Agile Testing Methodology
• Understands the agile concepts of user stories, velocity, and story pointing
• Strong understanding of software development
• Ability to analyze complex systems.
• Knowledge of a Programming and scripting language is a plus
• Understanding of Performance Testing is a plus
• Ability to develop Automation tests
• Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to perform independent research
• Ability to work with others and help them learn and grow.
Multi-year Strategic thinking/planning
• Ability to write up defects, issues, problems that contain details so others can readily understand what is happening.
• Ability to think through issues and convey thoughts on the topic to others.
• Written and verbal communication
• Active listening
• Problem-solving and analytical
• Project management
• Facilitating presentations/public speaking
• Providing a high level of customer service
• Be able to adapt and meet time critical deadlines which cannot be altered
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Addendum as needed: Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Back to top