Systems Specialist - Solutions Architect
Systems Specialist - Solutions Architect
The Systems Specialist - Solution Architect supports the identification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of innovative IT and IS solutions that support the unique computing requirements of the Research Department. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to collaborate with other business lines and System partners to identify and implement solutions across multiple technical platforms for a highly-sophisticated customer base. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in researching new technology and contributing to the development of business cases to enable secure state-of-the-art collaborative computing environments that meet the specialized needs of Research Department researchers. A continuous learning mindset and a desire to provide high-quality service is critical to success.
- Serves as an IT liaison with other Departments of the Bank, including Central IT, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, and Audit, and collaborates with other Research IT groups across the Federal Reserve System.
- Determines and develops IT solutions unique to Research staff and develops solutions that are innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational and departmental objectives.
- Resolves IT issues associated with current software systems/applications.
Provides application and software support which includes: application and software deployment, configuration support, setting up new environments, migration from development to QA and production, disaster recovery, security and performance monitoring and systems optimization.
- Researches new technology and contributes to the development of business cases to implement department solutions that support high quality research.
- Participate and support prioritization of high performance computing and cloud requests and activities.
- Maintains compliance with information security and audit requirements in support of users and projects.
- Ensures new hardware is properly configured and meets the expectations of advanced users.
Maintains optimal utilization of the Department's IT budget by ensuring that IT purchases are the best option for the user and support broader department initiatives.
- Supports the installation and maintenance of hardware and software and/or operating system software in accordance with all SAFR (Security Assurance for the Federal Reserve) requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable System, Bank, and Department policies and procedures and reviews and updates applicable Department policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Information Security partners and coordinates effective risk management of automation equipment and deployment of security efforts to mitigate risk.
- Maintains continuous professional development to ensure ongoing awareness of new technologies and techniques.
- Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies through regular prompt attendance.
- Seeks opportunities to participate in cross functional teams driving continuous improvements and/or strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or related field.
- 5+ years related work experience in a highly technical environment.
- Professional license or certificates in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Linux / Unix , and/or Mac preferred.
- Ability to learn new moderate to complex technologies and apply them.
- Experience providing support and service to highly-technical customer base with focus on equipping users with appropriate IT solutions.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to perform independent research
- Ability to partner with peers and leaders in technology and business lines
- Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Meet Some of Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Employees
Bri R.Senior Communications Coordinator
Bri works to ensure that the Cleveland Fed is communicating effectively with its employees, helping them understand their individual purpose within the context of the larger organization.
Back to top