Senior UX Developer
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is looking for a UI/UX Developer who will be collaborating with the new digital strategy business function to deliver friendly and usable technology solutions that improve Bank's digital presence for sharing the Bank's high quality economic research on policy, regional and community development issues. This role will be responsible for creating innovative digital solutions including web and mobile channels that are intuitive and engaging. Also responsible for building interactive graph and visual representation of research data along with designing maps and graphical interpretations of data.
The role supports and assists business lines by designing the user experience solutions that meet the business needs. The role produces artifacts used by developers of user interfaces across a variety of platforms. Acts as a coach and mentor for less-experienced staff when needed.
• Create user flows, style guides, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, and design artifacts (wireframes, etc.) that work on various browsers and mobile platforms
• Produce designs that are compliant with current web accessibility guidelines
• Actively participate in all phases of the product lifecycle, including product ideation, user persona definition, requirement elicitation, cross-discipline UX design sessions, usability testing, and data analytics
• Apply fundamental design principles to products so they effectively use typography, color, composition, and space to present information
• Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions, while balancing the needs of the business and the capabilities of technology
• Remain current with new technologies, frameworks, and trends; advise the enterprise; and pursue the latest opportunities that will improve the UX
• Exhibit product ownership, present work and rationale to stakeholders, and be accountable to timelines and project needs
• Assist on analysis initiatives, which may include executing surveys, compiling and analyzing research results, and drafting implementation plans
• Create digital assets (HTML/CSS, HTML5/CSS3, images, possibly animation) for web and mobile web products that will then be used by UI developers
• Lead and provide guidance to other UX Designers and UI/UX developers
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank
s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.<br><br><strong>Education and Experience</strong><br>• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles that affect typography, color use, composition, use of space, and presentation of information
• Experience with data visualization to build interactive, real time, drill-downs user interactions using tools such as D3.js, SVG, and HighCharts.js, Fusioncharts etc.
• Proficiency with AngularJS or React.js
• Intimate familiarity with web accessibility guidelines
• Extensive experience with web, mobile web/app, and UX design
• Extensive experience working on user interface designs, information architecture, wireframes, navigation flow diagrams, storyboarding, usability testing, and creating test-ready prototypes in an agile development environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills including multi-tasking, managing deadlines and providing project oversight
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills to effectively communicate with staff at all organizational levels
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
• Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Back to top