The Research Department conducts policy analysis and provides long-term strategic thinking on issues related to monetary policy, the national economy, and the region. Research Analysts contribute to the Research Department by: (i) supporting the research of the Bank's economists, (ii) contributing to Bank publications, (iii) maintaining indicators on the Bank's website, and (iv) supporting policy briefings for the Bank's President (before meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee).
During their time at the Bank, Research Analysts develop their knowledge of new areas of economics, develop their data analysis and programming skills, participate in the policy process, and work one-on-one with the Bank's economists to conduct research that can lead to co-authored papers for Bank and external academic publications. These experiences make the Research Analyst position ideal for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics or finance. Research Analysts typically work at the Bank for 2 or 3 years.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in economics or a closely related field, such as finance, statistics, mathematics, or computer science; knowledge of monetary policy and macroeconomics preferred.
- Working knowledge of econometrics and/or statistics packages, such as Stata, Matlab, R, or Python.
- Prior research experience in economics strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens (green care holders).
- Writing sample (related to economics or finance)
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Meet Some of Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Employees
Senior Communications Coordinator
Bri works to ensure that the Cleveland Fed is communicating effectively with its employees, helping them understand their individual purpose within the context of the larger organization.
Back to top