Real Estate Services Group - Project Planning and Design Manager
Real Estate Services Group (RESG) employees of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland are part of something big. We are the local presence of our nation's central bank, and the work we do is influential in our local communities, our region, and the nation. Results-oriented and outcome-focused, we are a team of talented, collaborative, and innovative individuals, who are proud to be part of an organization that values its employees. For 18 consecutive years, the Cleveland Fed has been recognized as one of Northeast Ohio's 99 best places to work. In addition to an attractive base pay and other cash compensation, the Cleveland Fed provides a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance benefits, and career development opportunities. Other programs focus on health and wellness; enhancing financial security and overall well-being; and fostering an engaged and innovative workforce. Be part of something big-be part of our future. Make the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland your next career move.
The RESG Planning & Design Manager manages the planning and design of construction, renovation, and infrastructure projects for a multi-site commercial real estate portfolio, ensuring compliance with building codes, construction standards, and procedures. This key manager collaborates with project stakeholders to ensure customer expectations are achieved and oversees project development, programming, planning, and design. Oversight responsibilities include project scope, cost, time, and budget management; contract procurement and administration; reporting; construction coordination and safety management; and utility/LEED/energy management and reporting. This position provides leadership to an internal professional staff and third-party consultants and is accountable for the performance of the RESG Project Planning and Design Team.
1. Oversees and directs project planning and design, providing the necessary liaison between the customer, stakeholders, consultants, and the RESG function. Collaborates with stakeholders and directs architects, engineers, and consultants regarding project planning, design, construction documents, and specifications. Works closely with the function's construction administration and management teams
2. Oversees the performance of a professional team, consultants, and contractors/vendors. Ensures projects are planned and designed per internal guidelines/standards and building codes/regulations. Ensures that projects are delivered on-time and within approved budgets; adhere to quality standards; and meet customer expectations and business needs.
3. Manages planning and design for construction, installation, repair, or renovation projects and outside service agreements, including preparation of bid documents, analyzing proposals, and managing relationships with consultants/contractors/service providers.
4. Schedules and coordinates projects. Ensures compliance with project intent, quality standards, and adherence to specifications/building codes and authorizes payment as work is complete.
5. Provides regular project status reporting.
6. Researches and recommends new technologies, best practices, and process improvements.
7. Develops and monitors the functional budget as it relates to capital projects and space allocations.
8. Manages a professional and supporting staff. Coaches, develops, and provides formal and informal feedback on performance. Implements personnel actions including establishing objectives; monitoring staff performance, work-load, and compliance with standards/policies/procedures; and oversees career/professional development and training.
9. Recommends salary actions and other personnel actions including hiring, performance, disciplinary, and terminations.
10. Oversees utility/LEED/energy management and reporting for the function.
11. Ensures a safe environment for all internal and external guests by enforcing applicable codes and safety procedures/best practices.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
13. Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
• Bachelor's or Master's of Architecture, with current licensure in the State of Ohio or NCARB certification
• 7+ years of related experience as a Project Architect or Project Manager serving the commercial Real Estate industry
• 3+ years of Management/Leadership experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Requires advanced knowledge and skills including, but not limited to the following:
• Proven abilities in commercial office building design including Architectural, MEP, and related building systems
• Working knowledge of building codes; design standards; and construction materials, methods, and processes
• Talent management with a demonstrated ability to lead others and simultaneously manage multiple complex and time-critical activities
• Project management, procurement, and contracts; vendor management; budgeting and accounting
• AutoCAD, Microsoft Office tools, analytical skills, and the ability to perform independent research
Employees will be required to travel by car/air. A valid driver's license is required.
Meet Some of Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Employees
In her role, Amy works with software developers to build features for the U.S. Treasury. Her favorite aspect of the job is the daily focus on creating and innovating in the Federal Reserve.
Back to top