The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation's central bank. We've provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history.
For eighteen years in a row, we've been named "One of Northeast Ohio's Best Places to Work" by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team!
Beige Book and Board of Directors-Related Responsibilities
In this role the Economic Analyst is a key member of the Regional Analysis team, and will collect, analyze and prepare economic information for dissemination to internal and external clients, utilizing a variety of econometric and statistical resources. Specifically, the successful candidate will organize the data collection and analysis of Beige Book-related information, including survey responses. The successful candidate should also seek opportunities to increase the sample size of our contact set, enhancing the quality and usability of the information received. This candidate will also support staff devoted to capturing the economic information generated during discussions of our board of directors and advisory councils. Lastly, the analyst will be expected to contribute to the Bank's publications.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of anecdotal information related to the Beige Book and other Bank activities and councils, and serve as the primary author of the Beige Book for the Bank.
- Assist in administering and overseeing the online surveys currently conducted by the Bank. Work with the department's branch executives and economists to improve and strengthen these surveys, and apply analytical tools (e.g., text analysis) to interpreting this information.
- Contribute research and analysis to Bank publications, either as a solo author or by providing assistance to the department's branch executives and economists.
- Apply economic theory, econometrics, and other statistical methods to analyze economic data for research projects and publications.
- Utilize databases to extract and analyze economic data using a variety of programming languages.
- Provide assistance to other researchers as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adhere to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are consistently made within reason and affect the work group or department.
- Masters degree, Public Policy, Economics, Public Administration, Business or other related field.
- 1-3 years of related work experience to include:
- Involvement in producing independent research and analysis of economic data
- Some survey questionnaire design and usability testing
- Prior expertise with statistical software such as Stata, R, or SAS is required.
- Familiarity with the following survey and text analytics software is desirable: Qualtrics and NVivo.
- Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
Meet Some of Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Employees
In her role, Amy works with software developers to build features for the U.S. Treasury. Her favorite aspect of the job is the daily focus on creating and innovating in the Federal Reserve.
Back to top