DevOps Engineer or Senior DevOps Engineer - eGov
- Cleveland, OH
DevOps Engineer or Senior DevOps Engineer
eGov partners and supports the US Treasury's mission to expand the use of digital transactions across the Federal Government. The group provides strategic-level leadership, industry knowledge and innovative thinking to assist with Treasury's end goal of all-electronic payments and disbursements.
As a part of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's eGov team, we embrace the challenge of consistently delivering exceptional work to benefit the Treasury, our organization, federal agencies, businesses, financial institutions and individuals.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
Responsible for bridging the traditional divide between development and operations by providing automated build and deployment solutions, and system administration for SDLC tools like Jira and Bitbucket. Focuses on continuous delivery and continuous operability.
Sr. DevOps Engineer will serve as project manager, coach, and mentor as needed.
1. Designs, builds, and maintains Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure, tools, and processes, which may include source code branching and packaging, and software build and deployment.
2. Functions as a liaison to developers and other DevOps personnel regarding moderately to highly complex system and environmental requirements and problem resolutions.
3. Supports configuration, documentation, and optimization of cloud infrastructure components.
4. Plans, codes, and tests changes to a cloud infrastructure, which might include adding users, adding permissions, adding or changing workflow processes, or adding entire objects that function like a container to meet business needs.
5. Facilitates ongoing technical support to internal customers, including support for onboarding and migration of software applications into various environments.
6. Provides tool, process, and technical support during all phases of the application lifecycle.
7. Analyzes moderately to highly complex customer business needs, and recommends and implements automated solutions to increase process automation, user experience, and launch of new products and services.
8. Researches new technologies and tools to introduce to the organization to improve the efficiency and agility of software delivery.
9. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
10. Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
• DevOps Engineer: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience
• Sr. DevOps Engineer: Bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years of related work experience
• Logical analysis
• Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working independently or as part of a team
• Specialized, technical
• Programming languages
• Verbal and written communication
• Deployment patterns (e.g., zero downtime, blue/green deployments, canary releases, etc.)
• Linux/Unix environments and commands (e.g., grep, tail, find, chmod, etc.)
• Code repositories (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
• Cloud technologies and practices• Traditional and cloud infrastructure components and techniques, including virtualization, elasticity, networking, and load balancing
• Provisioning hardware, OS, and infrastructure components
• Secure programing techniques and basic understanding of cryptography and certificates
• I nfrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform)
• Scripting language experience (e.g., Bash, PowerShell, Groovy, etc.)
• Provisioning tools experience (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, or Chef)
• Python development experience is a plus
• Serveless frameworks (e.g. AWS Lambda, Azure functions, etc.)
• Con tainerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.) Atlassian suite experience is a plus
• Agile and DevOps practices
• Regulations, procedures, and practices of a specific discipline
• Ability to perform independent research
• Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Knowledge Areas - Senior DevOps Engineer
• S ystem tools and administration and methods, including access/password management, build frameworks and tools, containerization technology, artifacts management and tooling, configuration management tools, and automated deployment tools
• Artifact management tools, such as Nexus, NPM, Artifactory
• Orchestration software like Jenkins or Bamboo
• T echnical diagramming and process modeling
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) needed for mentoring and knowledge sharing
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Addendum as needed: Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Back to top